Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just took out the firing pins out of my P-11 and 380 both!, I have used a lead clean cloth and got them to a high gloss smooth shine. I went out and bought 2 different brands of Loctite, one is for bolts and is a blue color!, the other one is for screws and acts like a glue!.
I put the guns firing pin screw back together using the one for bolts, the blue color one!. Did I use the right one?, I was afread the other one was so much like glue that I may never beable to get the screw back out!.
I put the back part of a ink pen down the barrel and pulled the triger and there is about a 25% better hit on both guns after I did this!.

G

·
Blue was the right choice. Green is made to wick into parts that are already assembled, and red is for parts that are never intended to be disassembled.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
To Cold and Icy outside to shoot

Now that I got my firing pins all cleaned up!, I want to go outside and shoot!, but the weatherman says, Cold, Cold, Cold, And Snow, Snow, Snow for the next three days. Guess I will just have to wait till the Ice and Snow melts off.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Loctite types

Sometimes the blue loctite (242) is too strong for really small fasteners, you may want purple (222) for them. They are both classified as "service removeable" and should not hinder disassembly, but I usually don't use the 242 on anything smaller than a #6 screw. There are also solvents designed to remove cured loctite (for servicing automatic application machines). Keep in mind that loctite is an anaerobic curing adhesive, it hardens when it is NOT exposed to air. So make sure you clean the bottle cap threads, and don't squeeze the air out of the bottle when closing. (Don't ask me how I know :D ) But don't leave the cap off all the time, or the sealant can dry out and not work properly.
Here is a link to some more information on loctite:
http://www.smallparts.com/products/descriptions/AL.cfm
or you can go to the loctite website :
http://www.loctite.us/int_henkel/loctite_us/index.cfm
I think I found the information on 242/222 by browsing their catalog. They recommend 222 for all fasteners under 3/4".

Cheers,
Chuck E.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Reguarding my 2 different types of Loctite

I guess maybe I just have a brand name called Loctite, because I do not see numbers and all kinds of different colors.

One tube says LOCTITE in a little banner near the top, and when I turn the tube sideways it says, TITE'N
For Screws
Screw Tightener/Gap Filler, and is a clear glue like.

The other tube says LOCTITE in a little banner near the top, and when I turn the tube sideways it says, TITE'N
For Bolts
Liquid nut/bolt locker, and is blue in color and acts like water almost.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts