Kel-Tec Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After all these years, I have finally seen my first P40... the real thing... actually stamped P40 with the factory mag stamped KTP40!

Went to the range this afternoon to shoot a few rifles for my gun shop buddy and another customer that hangs out at the shop a lot brought his P40 for me to see. He's talked about it for the last year, but never had it with him when we were at the same place/same time. I don't know if he's shot more that a box of ammo through it, and has never field stripped it to clean it, but it is pristine. One of the parkerized models and still looks factory fresh, but didn't want to shoot it... and wouldn't consider selling either. Said he had 6-7 magazines for it as well. JUst holding it made me long for my long gone P11.

I wonder what a 95% P40 is worth today.

surv

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
he wouldn't shoot it, that stupid, they fun to shoot

I have mine p40/357sig, come on over and u can shoot mine

·
Registered
6,292 Posts
mr surveyor said:
After all these years, I have finally seen my first P40... the real thing... actually stamped P40 with the factory mag stamped KTP40!

Went to the range this afternoon to shoot a few rifles for my gun shop buddy and another customer that hangs out at the shop a lot brought his P40 for me to see. He's talked about it for the last year, but never had it with him when we were at the same place/same time. I don't know if he's shot more that a box of ammo through it, and has never field stripped it to clean it, but it is pristine. One of the parkerized models and still looks factory fresh, but didn't want to shoot it... and wouldn't consider selling either. Said he had 6-7 magazines for it as well. JUst holding it made me long for my long gone P11.

I wonder what a 95% P40 is worth today.

surv
Probably $375 - $400. How come he never shoots it?

·
Premium Member
4,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
he's one of those that has a safe full of "safe queens" that he's either never shot, or rarely shot.

·
Registered
6,292 Posts
Sounds like you need to pry that safe queen away from him. With the 22lb Wolff recoil springs, Hogue Handall, Jr grip sleeve, and P-11 finger extensions, I actually don't mind shooting my P-40 with mild ammo. :lol:

I have shot it the last couple of times without my gloves, and haven't had any soreness, and it hasn't made my hands all shaky either (like it used to).

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
The 357sig barrel is more fun to shoot, either one is tame compared to my 454 casul

·
Registered
71 Posts
How far from Dallas

Surv, not sure how far you are from Dallas, but if you're looking for a P-40: http://texasguntrader.com/index.php?a=2&b=50709

I say you buy it and give the revolver to me as a "finders fee" :roll:

I'm now a "card-carrying" Texan since the Air Force took me out of Georgia and moved me to San Antonio (Range profile still says I'm in Georgia) so I frequent that web site. A lot.

Anyway, I'm heading to Grapevine, TX, this weekend, so if you don't snatch it up soon I might have to get this one for myself. I emailed him just now, but I have no problem losing a good deal to a fellow KTRanger. :D On the other hand, both guns could be in bad condition ... if you get it, be sure to let me know!

·
Premium Member
4,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
SOCO

Buy 'em for yourself. I'm really not in the market for a P40 but was glad to see an original early model one in pristine condition. Don't remember the SN, but it was low.

I'm in NE Tx.....East of Tyler/South of Longview

·
Registered
6,292 Posts
There is a P-40 for sale at New Frontier Armory in North Las Vegas, NV - would that someone would buy it and remove the temptation.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I found my P 40 last week at the Athens Gun Show.
Fine original condition, with extras installed,,, belt clip, trigger shoe, tritium sights, re-worked trigger pull and factory internal fitting and polishing. Made in 2000.
And it shoots as good as it looks!!!
This has become my #1 carry piece now. Recoil? Only a pussy would complain.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Now I am looking for a .357 SIG barrel for my P-40. I also have a p-11 that the SIG bbl will also fit.
PLEASE let me know if you find one for sale....Thanks

·
Registered
467 Posts
Bad-Ass little gun for sure!!!

Best place to find them is at gun shows but they can be a little tricky to pick one out by just looking because they look just like the P-11

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have yet to see a P-40 in person. I hope to buy one if I ever ran across one.
I ran across one a few months ago in a local pawn shop. Didn't even know KT made such. I had to have it, of course. The slide and barrel are at AP&W right now getting ported, hard chromed, and a little engraving.

Can't wait to see the results.

I'd love to have a .357 Sig barrel, also.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts