Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a new SU-16 at a gun show a couple weeks ago, I'd never seen one before.... anyway, than I found this Kel-Tec Range site and got a lot of my questions answered about 'em.

I got ahold of a guy that runs a little basement gun store (mostly caters to cops...) and went over just to see what he had. Guess what? he has the SU-16! w/ 2 10 shot mags BNIB for $425! Guess what else? NOW IT'S MINE!!!

How'd I do? I'm thinking $425.... I done good!

Right? :D :D :D :D :D

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Yep, you done REAL good!
Now stock up on GI 30 rounders and start burnin' the powder!
Flyer

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
That is one of the best prices I have heard bout! Good Job. And to add to Flyers comment, Buy them there Hi Cap USGI mags, and Stock up on the New Plastic Cased .223! :D Tell us how it does at the range.

BTW If you do a search on SU-16 here, you will see My rifle and I think Flyers. Not sure if anyone else posted pics yet.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Flyer, I wanna be just like you when I grow up (I mean older, I'll never grow up...)

Hey Gun nut and flyer, I saw the info about the new Plastic Cased .223, where do you get those? and for that matter, where's a good place to get those Hi Cap USGI mags? Being new to this, I don't know what type of mag to be looking for...

I'll let you guys know how it does out on the range, as soon as I find one... (the gun store guy told me about 1 just out of town called Dakota Benchrest, but I can't find, and he didn't have, a phone number for them...) and the snow melts. we're expecting 6" tonight. I got the SU-16 on lay-a-way, but it should be in my safe by time I can get out and try it.

-just fishing for info, I remain,
-ebigfish

·
Premium Member
3,629 Posts
Re:

Flyer said:
Also, a friend of Midimans has a good deal on mags in the For Sale section:
http://www.ktrange.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=688
Flyer
I'd also add... Steve will sell onesies and twosies... you don't have to take his bulk deals... send him an email and tell him what you're looking for... he's very flexible, ships fast... totally reliable. I've told him I'm posting the email offers he sends me here on The Range... mention us if you order from him.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey Midiman, that's what I was thinking.... get 2 of them just to get started. I'll drop him a line and see where we go with this.

BTW, I did come up with a phone number for the outdoor range, left them a message, waiting for a call back. I had a membership at local indoor range; Handguns Only, and it expired a couple weeks ago. from what I'm told, this outdoor range is handguns & rifles. $75 first year and you have to be an NRA member. no range master, they give you a key and you come and go as you want. sounds good to me...

now if someone can tell me where to get those Plastic Cased .223's....

-fishing

·
Premium Member
3,629 Posts
Re: Federal M193

Harley said:
I like the Federal M193 stuff better than the Q3131a myself.

Here is a link to a good deal on the Federal - $79.75 / 500

http://www.dealerease.net/catalog/subcategory.asp?scid=11&ret_id=373508
You won't like it if you want to reload it. Federal brass is soft and they've recently started crimping primers on some of their lines. The Israeli made Q3131a is also crimped... but much sturdier brass.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts