Kel-Tec Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I'm considering using Silvertips and Cor-Bons more regularly, I've wondered if a stronger recoil spring might aid in better functioning and less wear and tear on this great little pistol. How many of you have done this, and what springs have you chosen to install (ft. lbs., that is).

Thanks,

Ed

·
Registered
46 Posts
When you guys replaced your recoil spring with the wolf springs, did you also replace your firing pin spring?

And if you did, was it difficult to do?

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Nope, I never changed firing pin springs.
It's not hard to do, though, but be careful. That pin flies out a warp speed!
Flyer

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, guys....following your advice, I have ordered and installed the Wolff 11 lb. recoil spring for my P-32. I'm looking forwarding to seeing how it shoots afterwards. I'll be doing the same thing for my P-11.

Thanks!

Ed

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
BLB,
Nope. The only solution for rimlock is prevention! I've had mags locked up so tight I had to disassemble them to clear it...
Flyer

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
With an unmodified magazine, in my P-32, Cor-Bon = Rimlock! Flyer is absolutely correct! Clearing the jam on a rimlocked gun is NO FUN!

FWIW,

emc

·
Registered
205 Posts
just wanted to add the extra power FP spring is for the P-11 (not needed in the P-32). And yes I have it in mine (but I have also polished my FP, FP set screw and FP spring).

Also that I did incorrectly reference the recoil spring as 10% extra power, when it is the 11 lb spring (I edited my post above, the 10% only applies to mag springs).

stronger recoil springs won't have any affect on rim lock... Stronger mag springs may help a little in keeping rim lock away by holding the rounds tighter and not letting them move, but I would not count on it....

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
After shooting a bunch of Silvertip and Cor-Bon in the P-32 over the weekend, the 11 lb. recoil spring certain softens the recoil impulse. The Silvertip (which wasn't bad to begin with) is very definitely milder to shoot. Kind of nice.

Now, if I could only find a sure fire way to find .32 brass in the snow, I'd be a happy man! (Yeah, I know that I should use a tarp or something, but I've been forgetting to do that......)

FWIW,

emc

·
Registered
205 Posts
here is a tarp idea I have heard of I'll pass along

Get what ever size tarp you need, then 2 pieces of PVC and attach the pvc to 2 sides of the tarp. It will keep the tarp from flying away, and rolls up for storage. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts