Kel-Tec Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to a gun show tomorrow and may be trading for a Firestorm 45 Mini Compact. This is the small double stack 10 shot, not the 7 round. Any ideas what holster will fit? Leather (strong side RH or S.O.B.), not synthetic, unless Fobus makes something that will fit.

Dan

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
holster

Dan,
I'm looking for one too. Ron Graham at www.grahamholsters.com is checking to see if he can get a pattern. I plan to get a special IWB he makes called "Hooker". It allows the shirt to be tucked in over the pistol.
The Firestorm and my Thunder 45 are the same frame so if he says he can do it you may want to check his site.
He already has a pattern for the Bersa 380 so he knows what the gun is.
Hope you have good luck at the gun show. All they had at the one I went to were 3 year old models and high price.
og

·
Registered
83 Posts
Oldgranpa:
Tell me a bit more about the Firestorm. It must be a good handgun if you are carrying it. I would like to carry a good CCW .45 ACP from time to time. What should I look for and what shouls I pay.

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
The MiniFireStorm/Thunder .45 fits very well in almost every Sig P-228 holster I've tried it in.
Just a thought!
Flyer

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Flyer, if the trade goes through, it will give me an idea of the size holster to start looking for---Just turned on the computer before leaving in hopes someone would post the approximant size holster.

Dan

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
45's

For Murray,
some stuff about the Bersa 45's in a thread down below....
http://www.ktrange.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=266&start=30

Also you can read about the Bersa 45's at their website....
www.bersa-llama.com

There is a link at the bottom of their site to the firestorm models which I've been told are being replaced by the Thunder.

Flyer's endorsements got me interested and the price is right. My comparison of various compact handguns v.s. full size models is attached. By no means complete, just the ones I considered.

Still like my Springfield MilSpec best, just can't carry it concealed on my belt. So hoping the Bersa will permit that once I find a holster. My range is still closed until Jan 26 so no range report until then. :(

Cheers,
og

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks OG for the holster info. As luck would have it, the dealer didn't get the gun in time for the show, so I came home empty handed. I did see a nice Bersa Mini Compact 40 cal in black that was impressive.

Dan

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
dealers

Dan,
don't give up. I was ready to give up after the show I went to had nothing but old models for a high price. I got lucky at my friend's place and he had the new Thunder 45. It doesn't have the notched grip for fingers that the Firestorm is supposed to have, but the grip is rubbery with a good thumb spot. Otherwise, same gun.
Go to the Bersa web site I posted above and look at their list of dealers. There are umpteen dozen in Michigan listed. No phone numbers on that list but yellow pages on-line will get the nos.
With long distance on cell phones nowadays you can call the dealers closest to you and maybe find one within driving distance. (If you find one it will need a good cleaning, mine came full of a black protective oily grease.)
Good luck,
og

·
Registered
47 Posts
the Ron Graham "hooker" is a nice rig and well worth the money for the quality that you get with it...I dont offer a holster for that model either (same problem as Ron..no patterns).. :D

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Ron Graham holster for the Bersa/Firestorm 45

The new holster for my Bersa Thunder 45 arrived and it fits like a glove. Ron Graham used an actual pistol for the pattern. My shirt tucks in neatly behind the clip. Picture attached with pistol in holster and next post with back side of holster showing leather high up so pistol is protected from body moisture. Need one? www.grahamholsters.com
og

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Bersa 45 holster back side

Back of holster view. Sorry that the pistol is upside down in the photo.
og

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
oldgranpa,
That's one fine looking bit of leatherwork!
Dont'cha just LOVE good leather???
Congrats!
Flyer

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Good price, too!!

Right, Flyer,

Good leather work is sure enough purdy!! Note that all stiching is used and not cheap rivets and glue. The only rivets are the clip attachment to a leather piece which is then stiched to the holster. So no rivet goes into the pistol compartment.
Ron's prices are also $10 - $20 less than others charge.

Besides, he was in the Marines same time I was so I have to support my friends! :)

Get one for your Firestorm, Flyer.

og

·
Registered
64 Posts
Looks very nice.

Will the pistol stay in if held upside down? Just curious about the amount of retention.

I've got an Alessi 239 holster that fits mine, but it'll drop out if held upside down. Works OK when worn due to tummy squish, but I'd like tighter....

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
the answer is Yes!

J.R.Bob....

the answer is yes, the fit is tight like a glove. The holser as received new is a snug fit and takes a pull to remove the pistol when in place. No need for tummy squeeze to hold it in. You could sky dive upside down and not lose the pistol.
Ron made a IWB holster for me for my Bond Derringer and it's the same way, perfect fit. He has patterns for all the Kel Tecs.
He is one of the few makers that goes out of his way to make you a holster for the exact gun you have. I think his pattern collection is well over a hundred. And for the Bersa he has a gunshop friend that loaned him the pistol for a pattern. Few shops will do that.

He is a one man shop, does his orders, holster making, and shipping himself. So he probably won't reply to a post on his forum for days. The best way to order is look for his e-mail address on the web site and contact him that way. Even that will take a few days to get an answer. Then, if you order, the best way is sent a money order to him by mail with your shipping address and order description. Paying him by PayPal is for the birds, lots of his customers have trouble with that.You can see all his holsters and prices on the site.

Good luck,
og

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
upside down!!

Holy Mackerel!! Flyer,
with a pistol yet!!
The closest I've been to that was in my younger years with a little mountain type rope work, rappeling and prusiking. Upside down every now and then!!
We're all nuts on this site. :lol: :roll: :shock:
og

p.s. Bob, almost forgot, "It's only money". :wink:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts