Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which brand would be better? Bushnell HOLOSight or EOTech HOLOgraphic Weapon Sight? They run about the same price and I wanted to get one in a few weeks.

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Only the Bushnell is a true "Holosight".
It uses an actual laser to create a reticle on a little "HUD" screen.
The EOTech is a fine sight... but it's NOT a Holosight.
To be an actual holosight a laser is a 100%, absolute, unavoidable REQUIREMENT.
You CANNOT create anything resembling a holographic image without a coherent, parallel-wave light source, usually monochromatic.
We call these light sources LASERS (Light Amplification by the Stimulated Emission of Radiation).
Okay, you can slap me now. :?
I just get irate at the companies running around squawking "HOLOSIGHTS GALORE!!!" when their product really uses a red Led just like every other red-dot sight.
Ok, this time I'm really done.
Flyer

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Premium Member
3,629 Posts
Re:

G33InMyPocket said:
So....Which one..lol
Not that simple a question unless you're considering the Bushnell which only comes in one flavor. The EOTech has at least 3 and maybe more models out. Depends on what kind of features and battery system you want to use.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm having a hard time making myself buy one of these. I want one but I could buy a Sub rifle for the same price or cheaper.... A new gun or a sight....

·
Registered
26 Posts
Only the Bushnell is a true "Holosight".
It uses an actual laser to create a reticle on a little "HUD" screen.
The EOTech is a fine sight... but it's NOT a Holosight.
It's my understanding the Bushnell Holosight is actually made for Bushnell by EOTech, and the internals are basically the same. It's basically the civilian version of the EOTech.

http://www.eotech-inc.com/

Bushnell Holosight

EOTech 552

·
Registered
26 Posts
It depends what you're planning on using it for. I see the EOTech as being more CQB oriented than the ACOG, which is a magnified optic.

They each have several different models, so you'd really have to narrow it down a bit more and compare features to make an educated decision.

I chose the EOTech 552.A65 and a LaRue mount for my M4gery.

This is similar to my setup...

oversized graphic removed... see graphic posting guidelines in the Admin section - Midiman

·
Registered
26 Posts
Oh ok, I've always seen that referred to as the Trijicon Reflex, no mention of ACOG...

The reflex is tritium and fiber-optic powered and has problems with the reticle being washed out in bright sunlight. Stand in the dark and aim it out into a well lit area, the reticle is easy to lose. The new Trijicon Tri-Power was designed to solve that problem (and a few others) but it supposedly has a muzzle-side signature, the 'donut' cover on the top didn't fit properly, and it's so light it just feels like a toy. It's actually what I went to buy, but I couldn't bring myself to spend $460 on something that felt that cheap...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.