Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which brand would be better? Bushnell HOLOSight or EOTech HOLOgraphic Weapon Sight? They run about the same price and I wanted to get one in a few weeks.

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Only the Bushnell is a true "Holosight".
It uses an actual laser to create a reticle on a little "HUD" screen.
The EOTech is a fine sight... but it's NOT a Holosight.
To be an actual holosight a laser is a 100%, absolute, unavoidable REQUIREMENT.
You CANNOT create anything resembling a holographic image without a coherent, parallel-wave light source, usually monochromatic.
We call these light sources LASERS (Light Amplification by the Stimulated Emission of Radiation).
Okay, you can slap me now. :?
I just get irate at the companies running around squawking "HOLOSIGHTS GALORE!!!" when their product really uses a red Led just like every other red-dot sight.
Ok, this time I'm really done.
Flyer

·
Premium Member
3,629 Posts
I don't know what THAT thing is.. I've never seen one... but EOTech not only makes HOLOsights WITH lasers... they apparently also manufacture the Bushnell. The Bushnell looks very much like the EOTech HOLOsights I'm familiar with.

I think you'll like the EOTech.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm having a hard time making myself buy one of these. I want one but I could buy a Sub rifle for the same price or cheaper.... A new gun or a sight....

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re:

warden said:
You'll get much more enjoyment from a new gun.
Plus I'll get to buy another caliber ammo.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Only the Bushnell is a true "Holosight".
It uses an actual laser to create a reticle on a little "HUD" screen.
The EOTech is a fine sight... but it's NOT a Holosight.
It's my understanding the Bushnell Holosight is actually made for Bushnell by EOTech, and the internals are basically the same. It's basically the civilian version of the EOTech.

http://www.eotech-inc.com/

Bushnell Holosight

EOTech 552

·
Registered
26 Posts
It depends what you're planning on using it for. I see the EOTech as being more CQB oriented than the ACOG, which is a magnified optic.

They each have several different models, so you'd really have to narrow it down a bit more and compare features to make an educated decision.

I chose the EOTech 552.A65 and a LaRue mount for my M4gery.

This is similar to my setup...

oversized graphic removed... see graphic posting guidelines in the Admin section - Midiman

·
Registered
26 Posts
Oh ok, I've always seen that referred to as the Trijicon Reflex, no mention of ACOG...

The reflex is tritium and fiber-optic powered and has problems with the reticle being washed out in bright sunlight. Stand in the dark and aim it out into a well lit area, the reticle is easy to lose. The new Trijicon Tri-Power was designed to solve that problem (and a few others) but it supposedly has a muzzle-side signature, the 'donut' cover on the top didn't fit properly, and it's so light it just feels like a toy. It's actually what I went to buy, but I couldn't bring myself to spend $460 on something that felt that cheap...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts