Kel-Tec Forum banner

Hogue Handall Install

4K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  ppmd 
#1 ·
Hi All!

I picked up the Hogue Handall Jr. for my little friend. I'm eager to install, but hate to start cutting it up before I know the details. On the other forum, someone posted pics of how they modified it, of course I did not print them out and now the site has been down for a couple days. Anyone else have a pic they can post showing the finer details.

Thanks,

Katy

#3 ·
Thanks Flyer,

I got gutsy and went ahead and did it....before I checked back here. Guess I go to the gun store again tomorrow for another Handall tomorrow. Thanks, I'll get it right tomorrow.

Katy

#6 ·
ppmd,

You had posted pic's of mine somewhere, too, on the other site. After all this time I figured out that we have ours backwards(upside down.) Inside the rubber grip is an arrow. The instructions say that the arrow should be facing up meaning that the first finger grip is actually really narrow.

oh well, it will still work either way.

#8 ·
Re:

compman said:
ppmd,

You had posted pic's of mine somewhere, too, on the other site. After all this time I figured out that we have ours backwards(upside down.) Inside the rubber grip is an arrow. The instructions say that the arrow should be facing up meaning that the first finger grip is actually really narrow.
Mine was intentionally installed upside down. I read the directions before I cut and yes, there is an arrow which points "up". I get a lot more rubber on the handle than the other method. Also, my method offers more distance between the bottom of the trigger guard and the first ridge of the Hogue grip. Hence the upside down install method.

The only downside is the additional space behind the grip, which I've NOT found to adversely affect the gun's function.

Our method is superior, so I am sticking with it!

ppmd

#10 ·
I am honored to have my pic included. The Pach will fit tighter on the P-3AT than on the P-32 where it is just a wee bit too loose - but still very functional. I just seem to have bad luck cutting the Hogue. I don't know how many I have gone through trying to get the perfect cut for my P-3AT. I'd pay/trade to have someone do a top notch job for me. Any takers?

I really like the Compman "cut."

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.