Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All!

I picked up the Hogue Handall Jr. for my little friend. I'm eager to install, but hate to start cutting it up before I know the details. On the other forum, someone posted pics of how they modified it, of course I did not print them out and now the site has been down for a couple days. Anyone else have a pic they can post showing the finer details.

Thanks,

Katy

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Flyer,

I got gutsy and went ahead and did it....before I checked back here. Guess I go to the gun store again tomorrow for another Handall tomorrow. Thanks, I'll get it right tomorrow.

Katy

·
Registered
42 Posts
Wow, didn't know such a site existed hosting my instructions!

Thanks Flyer. You saved the day once again!

ppmd

·
Registered
205 Posts
oh, the board must have gone down before you had a chance to get back to that thread. I posed a link to the new page, in your origonal thread... (credit given of course) :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
ppmd,

You had posted pic's of mine somewhere, too, on the other site. After all this time I figured out that we have ours backwards(upside down.) Inside the rubber grip is an arrow. The instructions say that the arrow should be facing up meaning that the first finger grip is actually really narrow.

oh well, it will still work either way.

·
Registered
205 Posts
compman,
yours is there too.... scroll down...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Re:

compman said:
ppmd,

You had posted pic's of mine somewhere, too, on the other site. After all this time I figured out that we have ours backwards(upside down.) Inside the rubber grip is an arrow. The instructions say that the arrow should be facing up meaning that the first finger grip is actually really narrow.
Mine was intentionally installed upside down. I read the directions before I cut and yes, there is an arrow which points "up". I get a lot more rubber on the handle than the other method. Also, my method offers more distance between the bottom of the trigger guard and the first ridge of the Hogue grip. Hence the upside down install method.

The only downside is the additional space behind the grip, which I've NOT found to adversely affect the gun's function.

Our method is superior, so I am sticking with it!

ppmd

·
Registered
81 Posts
I am honored to have my pic included. The Pach will fit tighter on the P-3AT than on the P-32 where it is just a wee bit too loose - but still very functional. I just seem to have bad luck cutting the Hogue. I don't know how many I have gone through trying to get the perfect cut for my P-3AT. I'd pay/trade to have someone do a top notch job for me. Any takers?

I really like the Compman "cut."

·
Registered
14 Posts
Kraigster,

I have an extra new hogue jr sitting around. I can replicate it to the one I have on my P3AT and send it to you if you want.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Comp, if you can do that, you will have a friend for life. I will messenger you with my addy. Thanks so much. Richard

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for the instructions

Thanks guys. I bought a Handall Jr. today and installed it using the instructions in this thread. Worked out well and feels good.

Kevin

·
Registered
42 Posts
Re: Thanks for the instructions

kbeck76 said:
Thanks guys. I bought a Handall Jr. today and installed it using the instructions in this thread. Worked out well and feels good.

Kevin
Don't forget the Bersa magazine floor plate for perfect function!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts