Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When It comes down to it, a .22 round can definitely be lethal. It may sound weird, but I would totally trust my life with this thing (and my shooting skills of course).
And if you want to be extra sure, pop in some high velocity (1,600fps) rounds. These MP5 "clones" are absolutely awesome, and accurate too!
No complaints here.... I'm actually going to buy a couple more in the near future. I want to have one completely stock, and others modified.

Take a look at how accurate and AWESOME these guns are. This video is pretty sweet!

View attachment 2386
Ok, so I've added a few accessories...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I like to hear that! They're badass, accurate, and economical guns to go blow some steam off at the range!
Have you had any problems after cleaning yours?

·
Registered
291 Posts
I am a bit of a purist, I just have a hard time with guns that look like something that they really aren't. Somehow it just feels wrong to me. No offense intended, please.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am a bit of a purist, I just have a hard time with guns that look like something that they really aren't. Somehow it just feels wrong to me. No offense intended, please.
No offense taken. I am the same way, and was wary before buying my MP5... I did a TON of research on it and ended up taking the chance...
I was looking for a nice, accurate, semi-auto, tactical , low caliber rifle for the range; as I was tired of burning through expensive large calibers.

I will honestly say, this HK MP5 .22 IS EXACTLY what it is suppose to be. It can be hard to understand without shooting it... but it is an awesome gun...
It is crazy accurate and reliable, with no need for a scope, and is not over-the-top like some other .22 clones... It also will chew up and spit out ANY brand of ammo without being picky, unlike most other semi-auto .22's that are very picky... I can out-shoot all of my buddies and their .22's with it. Which is probably mostly my skill, but the rifle does help. Everyone who sees it, wants to shoot it, and those who shoot it, want to own it.

The only piece I DON'T care for is the fake suppressor (which is probably what your were mostly referring to) ... and it will be coming off as soon as I move to Colorado... I plan on cutting the barrel down and getting a tax stamp for it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I really like my HK .22 mp5. Everywhere I go shoot everyone wants to shoot and know all about it. Still waiting for my silly mount to show up so I can mount my red dot to it. Hopefully this weekend. I like this things! It is my coke can killer. lol

850 rds with a good wipe down and zero issues. great firearm, I think

·
Registered
291 Posts
No offense taken. I am the same way, and was wary before buying my MP5... I did a TON of research on it and ended up taking the chance...
I was looking for a nice, accurate, semi-auto, tactical , low caliber rifle for the range; as I was tired of burning through expensive large calibers.

I will honestly say, this HK MP5 .22 IS EXACTLY what it is suppose to be. It can be hard to understand without shooting it... but it is an awesome gun...
It is crazy accurate and reliable, with no need for a scope, and is not over-the-top like some other .22 clones... It also will chew up and spit out ANY brand of ammo without being picky, unlike most other semi-auto .22's that are very picky... I can out-shoot all of my buddies and their .22's with it. Which is probably mostly my skill, but the rifle does help. Everyone who sees it, wants to shoot it, and those who shoot it, want to own it.

The only piece I DON'T care for is the fake suppressor (which is probably what your were mostly referring to) ... and it will be coming off as soon as I move to Colorado... I plan on cutting the barrel down and getting a tax stamp for it.
They just did the fake suppresor in order to make the required barrel length look better, i.e. cover it up. But I agree, fake supps are goofy ;-)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They just did the fake suppresor in order to make the required barrel length look better, i.e. cover it up. But I agree, fake supps are goofy ;-)
Yep, and it looks TERRIBLE without it! haha. It does look pretty sweet, just wish it were real...

So did HK do their own version of the GSG-5? I'm confused.
Actually, the MP5 originated from H&K...
GSG (German Sport Guns) copied the design and made the .22 version, which is their model "522"... for which they got sued for...
The H&K MP5 is known to be of much better quality.
Hope this helps a bit...

·
Registered
291 Posts
Yep, and it looks TERRIBLE without it! haha. It does look pretty sweet, just wish it were real...

GSG (German Sport Guns) copied the design and made the .22 version, which is their model "522"... for which they got sued for...
Hope this helps a bit...
I had to chuckle there, yeah, the MP5 sure comes from H&K.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts

Hope this helps a bit...
I am aware the MP5 comes from HK. I am aware that GSG made a .22 version.

My question was whether the gun in the video was made by HK or GSG. To date I'm not aware of HK making a .22 version of the MP5.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I am aware the MP5 comes from HK. I am aware that GSG made a .22 version.

My question was whether the gun in the video was made by HK or GSG. To date I'm not aware of HK making a .22 version of the MP5.
K buddy, my MP5 in the video is an HK... Yes they make them... They are outsourced to Walther Firearms.... But they are licensed and stamped truly HK...
I was basically saying in my first response that HK didn't make a version of the GSG-5 because the MP5 is their own design.... and not GSG's
Think that'll help!

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
K buddy, my MP5 in the video is an HK... Yes they make them... They are outsourced to Walther Firearms.... But they are licensed and stamped truly HK...
I was basically saying in my first response that HK didn't make a version of the GSG-5 because the MP5 is their own design.... and not GSG's
Think that'll help!
Easy there killer, no need to get hostile. If you're going to call it an MP5, at least add the "A5" specification to it so that people know you aren't talking about a real MP5, as in the fully automatic 9mm variety.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Easy there killer, no need to get hostile. If you're going to call it an MP5, at least add the "A5" specification to it so that people know you aren't talking about a real MP5, as in the fully automatic 9mm variety.
It's all good, I was just stating facts.
And you have your information wrong once again... The "A5" does NOT mean it is a .22... The "A5" basically refers to the fore-grip style...
And there are 9mm full auto A5's... just to let you know...
But yes, my HK MP5 is an A5, you can tell by the style of the front grip. The other version the .22's are available in is "SD"... Which mine is not...

Have a good one! :smiley8:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts