Kel-Tec Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a chance to pick up two High Capacity Commercial Makarov's this weekend. Being a weak willed person :lol: , I bought them both. One is a 9 x 18 with a ported barrel, and the other is a 380 acp. This coming week I'll take both to the range and try them out.

Dan

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Now ain't this one heck of a bummer!!!
I've been haunting gunshows FOREVER for a hi-cap Russian Mak; no dice. EVERYTHING else, but not a hi-cap!!!
And you go and find TWO!
Hey... whattya need in trade for one??? :mrgreen:
Flyer

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hate to say this, but actually I have three of the High Capacity Maks--Picked up one around 4 months ago that had 4 magazines with it. One Russian 10 round, one aftermarket black two piece 10 round, and two preban Russian 12 round magazines. Gun was about 98% also (another 9 x 18 )-----

Dan

·
Registered
83 Posts
Sounds like a great find. I found a high cap. Russian in .380 a couple months ago and finally broke down and bought it last week. It came with 2- original 12 round magazines. I havn't fired it yet but look forward to it. I also purchased a R-61 that he had that is in .380 as well. They are usually in 9x18 but oh well. I quess I will have to start buying .380 buy the case now.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The one I bought 4 months ago has been to the range, and functions like all Maks, perfectly. I have heard that some aftermarket mags have a tendency to jam, but the one that came with it functioned fine for 30 rounds, then I had to try the Russian 10 round and the two 12 round preban mags. I can't remember exactly, but must have put around 200 rounds through it. Just about time to crank the Dillon up, and make up another 1000 rounds of reloads so I can take the two new ones out :) .

Dan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts