Kel-Tec Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sure its big and clunky. :) I recently had a problem with my Hi Point 40 cal and had to send it back to the factory after about 1000 rds and no cleaning in between. :shock: Believe it or not. :lol: I was very surprised at what I was charged to send this gun back to the factory for repairs. :shock: I was charged an AMAZINGLY ZERO dollars to send the gun back. :lol: Maybe the Gunshop owner felt sorry for me for owning a Hi Point but he said "NO CHARGE" "LIFETIME WARRANTY" I was like Very Happy to hear this :D And I should be getting my gun back in a bout 6 weeks. :) Just thought that id share. :lol:

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
You won't find ME knocking Hi-Points!
In fact, the gunshop I frequent the most says they have the LEAST returns on Hi-Point pistols than any other make they carry, including Glock!
Yep, they're hit with the ugly stick, big time.
But, they go boom every time. Almost everyone I know that has one loves it. No, it's not a gun to "show off"...
But it's DEFINITELY a gun that'll reliably save your life!
Flyer

·
Registered
109 Posts
Free High Point!!!

Yes, it's true!!
You can get a free Hi-Point 9mm Compact!!
All you have to do is find it and dig it up!!
I'll give you a hint where to find it. It's buried about four feet beneath the Sonoran desert. So grab your metal detector, sombrero, good shoes that are snake proof, a lot of water, and truck out to the desert southwest and have at it!! Oh, make sure you don't wander into Mexico!! They aren't as lenient as we are when it comes to illegal aliens!!! :wink:
BTW, it's been down there since 1997!!! :twisted:

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Well, you'll have to set your metal detector for "zinc" or non-ferrous metals...
But, with the lifetime guarantee, once you find it, trade it in for a new one. You'll most likely be happy!
Flyer

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Denfoote, Did you read my post? "Nearly 1000 rds without even one cleaning." And that was with various types of ammo. :roll: I must have gotten a good one:wink:

·
Registered
243 Posts
Re:

Flyer said:
You won't find ME knocking Hi-Points!
In fact, the gunshop I frequent the most says they have the LEAST returns on Hi-Point pistols than any other make they carry, including Glock!
Yep, they're hit with the ugly stick, big time.
But, they go boom every time. Almost everyone I know that has one loves it. No, it's not a gun to "show off"...
But it's DEFINITELY a gun that'll reliably save your life!
Flyer
This really surprises me. I had been told in the past by other dealers, that they were $100.00 "throw-away guns", and if you put more than 500 rounds through them, they would fall apart. Was this just because they couldn't make much on them, so they didn't want to sell them?

Dan

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Dealers like to knock the Hi Points for several reasons... mostly because they can't hike the price too much and get away with it.
The factory is fifteen minutes from my house, and I've been there. Dedicated employees abound, and service is right up there with Kel-Tec!
You'll find very few dealers that will tell you the Hi-Point 9mm carbine is junk... they'd like to, but a TON of cops have them, and they've gotten super reviews in Leo magazines.
So... most likely they'll feign ignorance and say Hi-Point doesn't MAKE a carbine!
Do too!!! And it's a good 'un!!!
Flyer

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
My only real experience with High Point is 1) shooting a 40 cal version, and 2) watching the sales man at a Local give the buyer of a brand new HP a new mag as the floor plate snapped off. I might get a Carbine if they have improved that crappy rear sight. They do go bang as it has been said but it is terrible to have to place it in a bag b4 shooting :lol:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
And just think I took a BallPeen hammer and a Steel punch to mine trying to disassemble it and still couldnt get it apart. :roll:

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I have one of the 9mm compact of these big clunky guns and for it being a Christmas present, it is actually accurate.

Yes it is giant and ugly, but it does go BANG each time I pull the trigger on it and have not any problems with it. Of Course its not as pretty as say a new 1911. But it does serve a purpose. It is a gun. I havent tried to carry this thing concealed yet.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Got my HI POINT back today. Fast service. :shock: This is what HI POINT done to my pistol free of charge I didnt pay anything. :D

Reamed the chamber.
Replaced the following, firing pin, firing pin spring, and firing pin spring sleeve, ejector key, ejector key spring, ejector key pin, safety, and sear, two new magazines, Extra lock and ghost ring sights.

They Test fired two full magazines with no problems.

I fired two full mags no problems. Good Deal HI POINT and PAWN CITY. :D

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
hey blb did you ever get it apart?
YOu have to lock the slide into place, I mean like last round fired and there is a small hole with the slide pin in it and when I took mine apart I took a hammer and a precision screwdriver to knock it, after that its a snap. Its not like some of the other guns that have that type design, The lorccins had to have the back of the firing pin knocked out, this one has a pin hole at the back of the slide. When you put it back its the same way, tap it back it in.

I can try to post a pic later on if you want to see where it is.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Cloak, Nope never did get it apart. :wink: I just sent it back to the factory and they darn near rebuilt the gun for "FREE". :D

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Blb,
Push the slide all the way. Lock it into place and look where the safety switch is push when you lock it back. There is a tiny hole that has a pin in it, Its about the size a ballpoint pen.

Thats what has to be knocked out.

But if they fixed it and cleaned it, oh well.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
UPDATE!

Fired another 200rds on Thursday No Problems at all. Thank God for Winchester Bulk Boxes. :D

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Mine eyes have seen the Glory of the giant Double-You;
It begins with that and ends with a great big huge letter T, too...
They make me tons of ammo so I don't feel like a fool,
Sam Walton was no fool!!!

Flyer

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Isnt amazing that you can just go in and select what you want and get a decent price instead of paying a higher markup.

You're right, Sam was a genius!!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts