Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody have experience with the Hi-Point 380 pistol? I have a cheap .25 next to the bed, and my wife knows how to use it. But i want something more reliable/powerful for her to use. She cant rack the slide on my P-11. The kick also freaks her out. Was wondering since the Hi-Point is inexpensive with a lifetime warranty, mabey this would be the way to go. If she can operate the slide. I could trade in the .25 and only pay about 50 bucks!

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
The Hi-Point factory is about fifteen minutes away from my house.
Their guns are VERY reliable. Very ugly, too... but that's a non-issue, here.
Warranty work is on par with Kel-Tecs, too... unlimited Lifetime.
Good working guns.
Flyer

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
any idea how slick the slides work?? it really aint worth havin one to me if the wife cant use it. appreciate the info.

since you're soo close..mabey you could, ya know, borrow one and ship it on over here to ory-gun. ill play with it for a while :lol:

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I have one of their 9mm's and it is pretty accurate out of the box. The only thing I did was clean off the factory grease that was on there, oil it, and add some tetra-grease to the slide rails.

It has not jammed once on me, and has almost 1000 rounds thru it.

And yes she should be able to rack the slide on the 380.

If its like the 9mm, if you need to disassemble it, you will probably have to knock a pin out of it. Im gonna to get around to some digital pics of it eventually

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone for the info. this site rules!

·
Registered
100 Posts
While I dont have the Hi Point 380acp. I do have a Hi Point 40cal. to my surprise the slide is not that difficult to operate for such a large gun. My little P32 takes more effort to rack the slide. Hi Point fixed my gun "Free of Charge" after nearly 1000rds and never had a cleaning. They also replaced the firing pin, spring and other firing pin components, the ejector, extractor, Polished the feed ramp and gave me two free mags, trigger lock to boot. All for free. I just took it to the place of purchase and they handled everything from there.
I have a thread somewhere on this site about the problems that I had with my gun and everything that Hi Point did to get things right. Might have to do a search its been awhile. Good Luck.

Ps never had a problem ever with my P32. :D

·
Registered
76 Posts
Heat, don't compromise. Buy a 12 guage shotgun for home defense. I would suggest an inexpensive Remington 870, or Mossberg 500. Load with 00 Buck, #2, 4 shot and practice with your wife. I'm not sure if I could shoot very well, startled awake, with anything less. Read around, the shotgun is the premier last line of defense for your home.
Sincerely,
Charger01

1 - 7 of 7 Posts