Kel-Tec Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
flyer,

thanks for turning me on to the kel-tec range.

have you checked the other sites "admin" posts lately, specifically the one you read that prompted you to tell me about this new forum?

i'll fill you in. seventy some odd members over there have read it and it has not received one comment, pro or con. not one!

it is written rather simply and i dare say many of the readers over there agree with the sentiments therein expressed but perhaps fear the ire of the moderators if they agree with what is laid out there.

i say this, because i figured the "kneel at the kel-tec altar," *edited by Keys*-kisser types would raise *edited by Keys* and brand it subversive or something.

but no, not a peep out of them. they must agree internally but are afraid to express it.

what does anyone have to lose by expressing their opinion on it? i sure wish someone would.

oh well.

mikem

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
mikem,
Yep, I know for a FACT that there's been a lot of positive feedback to your post! I've gotten so much PM about it there I've had to clean out my mailbox every day...
Yes, folks are afraid to post. They KNOW they'll be immediately attacked by the KT haters and branded fools.
The irony of the entire situation is not lost on me.. K*** was once THE source of innovation and problem-solving. It's now a veritable zoo of foolishness and hypocrisy.
It's VERY tempting to simply re-enter the fray, and go up against the gunslingers brought in to fight those who wish to contribute useful info... like Evan Marshall, who has apparently reverted to writing at a sixth-grade level and who's entire collection of posts at K*** amount to nothing more than a mish-mash of indefinite conclusions, links to a site that doesn't work, and an evident assumption that hero-worship is the order of the day.
Oh yeah, and a big chance to plug his books.
If the administrators/moderators wish to see K*** simply sink into the slime like a Wooly Mammoth into a Tar Pit, let them... apparently the TRUE administrator prefers loud-mouthed, clueless fools as his "Stars", rather than experienced and knowledgeable experts. That's up to him.
I suggest that anyone with a sense of pride and self-worth jump ship.
It's not worthy of it's name anymore. With some careful moderation and strict enforcement of existing rules, it could be again... but the future doesn't look promising.
Flyer

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
flyer,

i really don't give a *edited by Keys* if the feedback to the post was positive or negative.

i was simply looking for ANY KIND OF FEEDBACK OVER THERE. but, so far there has been none.

why does the word "SHEEP" come to mind?

do you think it would be appropriate to show the folks here what was posted over there and see what they think?

one would hope they would express an opinion whether they agreed, disagreed or fell somewhere in the middle.

fuck it!

i will post it here under the subject line of:

"what i said over there that got no reply."

take care flyer,

mikem

·
Premium Member
5,516 Posts
MikeM,
Sorry friend, appreciate your spirit, and totally understand your message, but we are being picky about the language. Please feel at home but try #@&$ and such - we'll get the idea.

One more thing. Once again - it's free speech time over here, well, maybe without the $&*#, but we had one new member feel uncomfortable about the "breakaway board" status. We have a lot of new folks here who were never involved at K*** and really don't care about the old squabbles. Last week I pulled a few of my comments regarding K*** out of respect for the new members. Again, welcome, but maybe if you're going to want to talk about K*** keep it in one thread. It's not a message we're trying to push here. I think most of the K*** members here are on the same page when it comes to wondering what in the world is happening at the old place.

Believe me MikeM, I understand your frustration, and I could write for weeks about the old place, the hypocrisy, and the games. I enjoyed our exchanges before at K*** and I think we ended on friendly, respectful terms. Looking forward to your spirited input here, so please don't take any of my comments personally - the same suggestions apply to me too.

Regards, Keys 8)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts