Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Brand new member here and my first post.
I own two 9mm G17/22 Kel-Tec sub 2000 gen 2's. I have never shot the one yet and put about 500-600 rounds through this one with absolutely no issues what so ever. Bought a Ambidextrous single point sling mount form Mcarbo and was at their website fallowing their instal video.

Had taken off the rear stock and removed the recoil spring, but my charging handle absolutely wouldn't come out. Per the videos its essentially supposed to just drop out once the recoil spring is removed as the recoil spring is what holds the charging handle in place.

I had the hammer in the charged position and safety on per video, I DID NOT pull the trigger releasing the charged hammer. Once I couldn't get the charging handle out I decided to re-assemble the gun, but my bolt assembly wouldn't go forward it was hitting the hammer which I felt was odd as it was what should have been in the fully depressed charged position. I took a 8" x1/2" screw driver depressed the hammer and slid the bolt over it allowing me to reassemble the gun. I function tested it and dry fired it and it appears to be working normally.

I have no idea what is going on as this is the first time I have disassembled my Kel-Tec Sub2k G2 this far.
I went to YouTube and searched Kelt-Tec Sub 2K videos but couldn't find one on trouble shooting a charging handle that will not come out.

Anyone know what I should do to fix this?

Felt I should add I am very firearm knowledgeable and experienced having owned firearms my entire adult life and are very use to disassembling cleaning, maintaining and reassembling them. all types of firearms and HG's. I literally own several firearms of every design imaginable from in line ML's to bolt actions, lever actions, pump actions and even AR-15's. Absolutely love to disassemble clean and reassemble them all..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts