Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from a \"Newbie\"

Just wanted to say hi.
I recently got my CCW permit, and bought a P-32 to go along with the S&W 681-1(4") I bought. I bought the KT used, and am impressed! great little gun. It has become my American express card. You guys have a WEALTH of info here. My first(of many I am sure) question is, Should I do this "Fluff and buff" and how do I do it. I am pretty handy, but have ZERO gunsmithing Exp.

Look FWD to "talking" with you all...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I put about a box minus 7 rnds through it. Shot fine as near as I can tell. I was able to put every round into an 8x11 sheet of paper at 15 ' both slow and fast fire ( I was having fun! ). I took the slide off, and it doesnt look like anything has been polished. How much does this cost with the "chroming" from this Jack everyone mentions?

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Your best bet if you want a chromed slide is to take advantage of Kel-Tec's exchange... send the slide and barrel to them and $20.
In return they send you a brand-new chromed slide and barrel.
This is a great deal!
Flyer

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Welcome to the group Trebuchet. I think you made one good choice for your first CCW items. Check out my Sign line for how I feel :) Just so you know KT is number one in Customer Service bar none!

As an example, I finally started noticing heavy recoil from my P-11 the other day. If I pulled the Trigger half way back the slide would go out of battery with the weight of the slide :shock: KT is sending me new springs and the upgraded FP and trigger bar. I buy every used KT I can find at good prices for just this reason.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
2K1,
The Smith wheelguns are just beautiful arent they! If I am not carefull I am going to end up with a full safe and empty bank account!
Where in Arizona are you? My parents live in Tucson, and My family and I are flying out there in April. I read on Packing.org that I can carry concealed there using my CT permit. Do you know if that is true? ( obviously I dont want to break a law )
Also, can someone tell me how old my P-32 is? The ser# is 372XX. Are there "updates" I should be looking to get for free from KT? Or.. are there upgrades I should looking to purchase?

Thanks for all the replies!
(edited because I wrote the wrong ser #)

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Re:

Trebuchet said:
2K1,
Also, can someone tell me how old my P-32 is? The ser# is 372XX. Are there "updates" I should be looking to get for free from KT? Or.. are there upgrades I should looking to purchase?
Thanks for all the replies!
I live in Tucson. I have a CCW here , but I do not know if it is legal to carry under another States CCW permit. Check the Arizona DPS web site. When you get in give me a call, maybe we can hit a range? My treat for the range fees.

Smith & Wesson has been making great revolvers and Semi's for so long, all the new comers are measured by them. Glocks are great but their still late!

As for the upgrades give KT a buzz and ask if anything is needed. I expected to pay. That way I am not disappointed, but KT is known for their Good Will customer service. Even at cost plus the parts would be worth it. I was asked to return the pistol, but it is my main carry piece. I asked just to have the parts sent. Plus I am reasonable versed in the innards of this fine pistol. :wink:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
2k1,
I checked DPS's web page, and aparently I am legal to carry concealed there! Isnt AZ an "open" carry state too? Do people actually carry out in the open?

I will try to take you up on the range trip offer. I think we are out there starting the 14th or 15th. I dont know if I will bring eith gun with me though.(FAA crap, and it's my parents house.. not mine, so if she doesnt want them there, I wont bring em)

are you familiar enough with Smith serial#'s to give me a birthday for mine?

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Re:

Trebuchet said:
2k1,
Do people actually carry out in the open?

are you familiar enough with Smith serial#'s to give me a birthday for mine?
Yep they do. A lot of first timers in AZ freak out, but they soon learn the Lay of the land :) Sorry not familar enough to give you a date range, Smith and Wesson should be able to help there. Email 'em. Don't worry if you don't bring your guns. I have nuff to go around at the range :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here is a pic of the CCW set I picked up

·
Registered
31 Posts
P-32 UPGRADES

Your p-32 is a fairly low serial #. My first one is 73xxx and had to take a road trip to k/t for extraction problems (weak spring). Sometime later I started having problems with a weak mag. spring and k/t sent me several along with their newer recoil spring. They upgraded all for no charge and I got the hard chrome slide & bbl. while I was their. Valerie also polished the trigger face and Marty worked over my p-11 which also had issues. Great customer service. I purchased my 2nd p-32 which has never had a problem and I carry both of them (most of the time). I even carry one while hunting and recentely had to finish off a wild turkey with a head shot.

Good luck and beware or rim lock which will happen with hollow point ammo due to their short overall length.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Couple of questions.. how did you ship it? how much did it cost?
Did you ask them for the chrome bbl and slide? I would love one, but dont want to be pushy and ask for a free upgrade. Did they pay for return shipping? I spoke with them via email about teh slide not staying back with an empty mag. ( it will after shooting a mag empty though?!?!) My local UPS store said they do not ship firearms. company policy..?

any thoughts?

(thanks for the warning about rimlock w/hollowpoints, I already knew but its nice to know people care.) :D

·
Registered
31 Posts
upgrades

Don't know about shipping. I drove to k/t and they had a display of their p-32's and their 9mm. I asked about the chrome slide & bbl. & Valerie told me it would only be $20. with exchange. I strongly suspect that your mag. spring is of the earlier type which was not strong engough as well as your recoil spring. Just call them and tell them what problems u are having (slide not locking back) - probably due to weak mag. spring. You may as well request a newer recoil spring as well. I would also order a new magazine as well so you can carry a spare. Might also ask for one with the spacer installed so you can shoot hollowpoints. It's best just to call them as they receive so many emails that sometimes they are slow in responding. As far as ammo is concerned I have had good luck with S & B, but any of the European ammo is loaded to higher pressure = higher velocity. As far as hollow points go the silvertips are good and the corbon is better as long as they function in your weapon. Good luck

1 - 13 of 13 Posts