Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sent my BUG to Florida and since it was probally going to get a new slide/barrel/and frame, I asked to have it upgraded to hard chrome at the same time and sent back when it was available. They had said that the hard chrome would be available "early next year" but no exact date. Anyone know what the holdup is and maybe a rumor of when better than this?

If early next year is Apr/May, I may want to pick up another P3AT to use until then.

·
Premium Member
3,629 Posts
Just a guess but I hear they're pretty back logged with current work and trying to fill orders for P-3ATs and SU-16s. I wouldn't expect a hard chrome slide anytime "early" in the year. They will have an exchange program ($20 for Chrome, $15 for Parked) when they become available. I think I would have asked them to fix the gun, ship it back... and wait for availability.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Harley,

KT sends the slides (and other parts) out to a plating contractor for the hard chrome treatment -- at least they did when I visited the factory a couple of months ago. The demand for the P-3AT is so high right now, that I expect all of the available parts are going straight to the assembly area....rather than pulling some to send to the plating contractor.

Enough parts surplus exists in the P-11 and P-32 that they can get them to the plating contractor without adversly impacting production.

Blueing is done at the KT factory, and Marty said when I was there that they will begin doing their own parkerizing once the factory expansion is complete.

I'm in line waiting with you for the HC trade out when it is available. I'm reserving my carry P-3AT for the swap. The other one that I have in the safe is most likely going on a trip to Jack for the satin nickel plating job soon.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts