Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stopped by the KT factory this afternoon and spoke with Marty & Valerie for a bit. Valerie swapped out my blue P-3AT slide for hard chrome, and Marty made a deal with me for two P-30 magazines he had.

I'm a happy man! Just had to post a couple of pics of my "new" P-3AT...

The hard chrome makes the bore look all that much bigger, don't you think??

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Nice!
I'm gonna have to check on the chrome version's availability in this area.
Looks like you're giving your holster a good workout, too... pretty soon you'll want RJ to give it a going over and have it look just like new again!
Flyer

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
RJ's holster is in my pocket 24/7. He "rehabilitated" my P-32 holster...it looks like new, but doesn't get used much anymore.

It may have been one of their "normal" shipments, but both UPS and USPS were backed up to the loading dock at KT when I left -- they were literally loading pallets of boxes into their trucks.

For those waiting on new KT night sights, Marty said that he just shipped out a load of sights to the contractor and expected them back soon...

·
Registered
467 Posts
chrome

flyandscuba,

Gun looks really good!

I would do that to mine but I hate to go through the wait, plus packing it up and paying for insurance, and then run to the PO box, Not Today! next day, Not Today! etc.

When I order Diamonds I really go nuts with worry that some crack head postal worker stoled them, I call the wholeseller and get the tracking number and then almost everyday call the post office to have them track it until it gets here.

$800 Box

·
Premium Member
3,629 Posts
Re:

BIGIRON said:
I'm not much on shiney guns, but that sure looks nice. And the contrast does make the bore look much larger.
Ah... a true black gun fan! I await the parkerized version myself. Maybe the sights will be aligned a little better and enable me to hit the paper with the thing beyond 5 yards. For now, I'll just compensate for POA. :)

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I hear ya, Midiman. One added advantage to an on-site slide swap -- the 'smiths had hand selected and hidden away an "aligned" top end for me.

They test fired it in the KT range, I'll be anxious to run a box of that new S&B ammo I ordered from SG to see how I do compared to my old slide/barrel...

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
shiny guns

big iron, i know what you mean. i had jf nickle mine and he did a great job. however; it just turns me off as to appearance. as a matter of fact if anyone wants to swap for a parkerized, give me a yell. :D

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
swap

i should have added that it's a p11 slide that is nickled. :?

·
Registered
207 Posts
flyandscuba
I really like the second photo !! :D

G

·
Alright, thats it. I can't stand it anymore... :banghead: ....Kel-Tec needs to open a second factory here in the Tidewater area. I'm getting sick and tired of FlyandScuba visiting the factory all of the time and getting to take advantage of their hospitality! I need hard chrome upgrades too, but I can't bear to part with any of my KT's long enough to get them done, much less 100.00+ dollars in shipping alone.

There has to be a better way......... :shock:

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Norfdet,

It's just a top end swap. If they have the HC in stock, you could turn it around in a week or so. Priority mail each way would only be a few bucks...

You can always send stuff to me, and I'll take it to the factory for you -- eventually... :shock:

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
norfdet,
There IS a better way!!!
Just get yourself a Cessna like F&S has! That way you'cn zip on down to the factory a couple times a month without much trouble...
I'd do it myself, if:
1 - I could AFFORD my own Cessna instead of an Ultralight, and...
2 - If it didn't cost so much to RENT one for a single weekend. I DEMAND Cessna come out with an affordable plane!!! One with the price tag of a Ford Focus!!!
Umm... for that amount of money I wonder what features it'd have...
Ah, nevermind.
Flyer

G

·
if i called ahead, would they hold three for me? one for the P11, one for the P3AT and one for the P32. that way then they got the old ones they could send out the new ones and cut down the turn around time. and is it still 20.00 for each one? the only thing i would hate to loose was all the F&B work that i have done on the slides of mine already.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
If you speak to one of the 'smiths, they may be able to hand pick and hold them for you. Last I heard, it is still $20 each.

No way around losing the F&B'd work. You old slides go into the parts bin for other uses. Even if you wanted to keep your old slides and have them HC'd, it isn't something KT offers. Your option would be to have Jack or someone else nickle plate them for you.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Speaking of HC P3AT's, my local gun shop has them (in HC)for $275, and can't keep them on the shelves. I went in Friday and they had just put one on display. I went in Saturday and they had already sold it, put another out, and sold it too! The good news is I got to talk to the guy buying the second one and told him about KTRange and about giving the P3AT a good fluff 'n buff. I'm half tempted to buy a HC one myself, since I can't bear to part with my P3AT for so much as a single day. I just can't reliably conceal much else in my attire, so if I send my slide off for HC exchange then I'll be "gunless" when I go out, and frankly, anymore I feel naked withthout a gun.

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Yep, our shop finally got the Chrome ones in stock too... I'd only gone for ammo, so it had to stay there...
Actually, I'm gonna have to find a REALLY good reason to buy one... I've already got 3 blue P-3ATs.
They sure LOOK nice, though!
Flyer

·
Registered
432 Posts
Re:

Flyer said:
Yep, our shop finally got the Chrome ones in stock too... I'd only gone for ammo, so it had to stay there...
Actually, I'm gonna have to find a REALLY good reason to buy one... I've already got 3 blue P-3ATs.
They sure LOOK nice, though!
Flyer
I can help you with finding a REALLY good reason to buy a a HC one. I'll take a page out of Fly&Scuba's book here: Just box up a couple of those blue babies you've got, and ship them out to me. It'll relieve your misery and your quandry about how to justify buying a HC P3AT, and I can assure you I'll give them a loving home! See how simple that was?! Now, my FFL's address is...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts