Kel-Tec Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone out there using a Hakko red dot sight? I'm considering using the BED-35 MkIII on my hunting hand cannon. Just wondering what satisfaction/success you might have had with that sight.

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Haven't used one, but saw one this weekend at the gunshow exactly like the one in your pic.
You know, it seems to me that a Bushnell HoloSight would be perfect for this use. It doesn't HAVE any optics to get dislodged or out of line, and can be used in any position... just put the holographic red reticle on the target and fire.
I've had nothing but success with mine.
Flyer

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I saw these sights at some recent gun shows too. Prices were running between $225 and $275. The optics looked good -- better than the ATN Digital Ultra Sight that I have on my SU-16. The Hakko is also very small and light -- which I need on that 82-ounce pistol!

I found it on ebay tonight -- new for $142.95 -- thought it was worth the chance.

How does the Bushnell HoloSight compare price-wise?

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
The Holo-Sight is going to be around 200-250 bucks.
It's not a red dot, remember, but uses a laser to "draw" a reticle on a clear lens.
They're really amazing... it's like using a "HUD", a head's up display. You see just a reticle glowing red right out in the open with no magnification... just a thin black ring around it. Eye postion doesn't matter.... just point and shoot.
Flyer

G

·
Hakko knock-offs

Hey, I've seen another version of this sight by NcStar. Anybody know anything about it? Is it worth the $80? I know that it's not a "true" holo sight, but it looks exactly the same. Will it serve the purpose for coyote hunting?

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Probably the same sight made under a different name. My Hakko served me well.....until it became a casualty of the flood.

Very small and light with multiple reticle choices (your version may just have red dots rather than cross hair choices).

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It depends upon what you are mounting the sight on. When mounted on the AR 15 A3 flattop, it will co-witness with the front sight. Adding a pop-up rear sight behind the holo makes a nice back-up.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Re:

overloard said:
Flyer, did you remove the front site when you placed the Holo? Sounds like there's not much point in keeping in place.....
Reminds me of an amusing incident. A guy I know has a nice red dot on top of his Glock G35 he uses for IPSC competition. When the buzzer went off and he drew I saw something small go bouncing down range.

He haddn't gotten the battery door closed well and his batteries went flying down range.

He didn't score very well on that stage. :)

Sights are nice to have when the batteries go dead, or are missing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts