Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got the newest Gun Tests. It has a review of the P-32, P-3AT and Guardian. I haven't read it in detail yet, but was struck by the following paragraph:

We also noticed that our P-3AT would not lock back upon emptying the magazine. Although some shooters do prefer a non-locking setup, we are sure that this was not intentional. We noticed that the magazine in our P-3AT sat much lower in the gun than did the magazine in the P-32. We think each of these problems can be addressed...
There is also a picture caption that reads as follows:

The P3AT would not lock back with an empty magazine. The difference in magazine design (note the P3AT's shorter lips, arrow) and slightly wider follower may have jinxed the design.
Now, I've said before, and I'll say again, that I'm not all too happy about the P-3AT not having a slide that locks back, but at least I know it's designed that way! I would think anyone reviewing a gun would take the time to take it apart and maybe notice that it doesn't have a slide stop, and therefore the reason the slide doesn't lock back is not because of some kind of magazine issue.

This, of course, makes me wonder just why I purchased a subscription to Gun Tests in the first place.

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
There's actually a medical term for this condition:
"Manualdeprivitis".
It afflicts more people than you'd probably think!
Flyer

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I noticed that when I purchased my p3at. I was like were's the lockback??

Then I discovered it didnt have a slide stop.

But thats not a super huge deal not to have one, nice but not necessary.

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Actually, P-32 mags fit and lock into place just fine!
What the heck you're gonna do with this tidbit of info, however, beats the tar outta me...
Fler

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
If you sit them( the p32 and p3at) side by side there are the same size, the magazines are the same size also, and height.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Well, I'm sure that the programmers, old-school "hackers" and other hardcore tech junkies like myself will concur that someone needs to tell the author of that article to "RTFM"!

Syndrome: idiotauthorus-gunragus...

·
Registered
81 Posts
What a bunch of nitwits (Gun Tests). There goes their credibility. I hope KT responds accordingly. :shock:

·
Registered
207 Posts
My experence with "Gun Test" was, they REQUESTED a method of purchasing a holster from me, to which I responded with a order form. Never heard from them again. So much for the claim that they buy retail so as to test without any strings ! They must have thought I would respond with a "Freebee" , I most likely would have if they had ASKED..

G

·
OH MY GOD! mine doesn't lock back either!...err...uh...hmmm......wait....that's the P3AT....whew.....though I was going crazy for a minute! Oh, I get it...they too are much like the rest of the gun ragz out there. That is why I stayed away from most of them. I guess now car and driver will announce the revelation that cars have doors that open and they really do run on gas!

·
Premium Member
3,629 Posts
Re:

kraigster414 said:
What a bunch of nitwits (Gun Tests). There goes their credibility. I hope KT responds accordingly. :shock:
They had credibility? I don't read the gun rags. If you rely on advertising, you can't be fair, unbiased... or even knowledgeable evidently.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Re:

Midiman said:
kraigster414 said:
They had credibility? I don't read the gun rags. If you rely on advertising, you can't be fair, unbiased... or even knowledgeable evidently.
Gun Tests actually doesn't have any advertisements, so they can be unbiased. Just not knowledgeable. I guess I'm not the only one that doesn't waste time reading manuals/directions after all! (Although sometimes I look at the pictures)

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
The only reason I look at gun rags and for the pictures. Sometimes I might get a idea or two.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts