Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the keltec company sucks for customer service
I bought my su #145 and had to ship it back to them due to the firing pin, and the early bolt assembly. it cost me $58.00+ to ship, because I live in MA I submitted a request to have the shipping charges refunded to me, because the rifle should have been recalled due to the issues, and after a month, and no response, I called them today, and they stated they would only reimburse me for $20.00
this rifle was not fit to fire, it should have been recalled, they should reimburse me for the full amt of the shipping.
their customer service sucks :evil: :evil:

G

·
with a post like that, you might as well print off one of the complimentary KTRange targets and hold it, while you stand at the receiving end of the firing line........

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
What was wrong with the SU? That serial # is higher than my own... mine's older.
Are you suggesting that it should have been recalled since the firing pin has since been redesigned? Or maybe your original firing pin broke?
That's not a design failure, it's an upgrade... and the firing pin would have been a faulty part.
There was no need to recall the rifle since there wasn't anything wrong with it.
KT customer service does NOT suck.
Flyer

·
Premium Member
3,629 Posts
Their customer service is excellent. Their shipping fee reimbursement policy may not be to your liking but I bet you would find most other manufacturer's policies a lot worse. Most manufactures wouldn't reimbure you ANYTHING. And one has nothing to do with the other.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
policy/ vs customer service

sorry, midi, you are correct,
the customer service was actually excellent, but there policy on reimbursement sucks.
as far as the pin, I contacted them, and they sent me 2 new pins via mail, asap, however, the new pin did not fit, as I also had the original bolt assembly.
based on the upgrades, they apparenlty felt that this rifle was not up to par, so therefore, I truely feel they should have recalled the earlier serial numbers.

I'm truly sorry if I offended anyone, but I think keltec should have picked up the shipping as it was a design flaw on their part, not my actions.

G

·
now that is understandable. glad to hear that they atleast worked out some of the issues. now you can return to the firing line...... :mrgreen:

·
Registered
12 Posts
$20 is a reasonable maximum reimbursement figure for ground shipment. $58 suggests you chose to ship by a faster method, e.g. two-day air.

A policy that can bankrupt a company serves neither the company nor it's customers well.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
shippin

actually, I shipped the way the mass law requires me to. see, I live in one of those, "we're going to ban everything that's fun state." unfortuneatly, fedx has extra requirements in mass. welcome to taxachusettes

again, I would like to state, customer service was fantastic, but their policy stinks

·
Registered
61 Posts
Re: shippin

garyz said:
actually, I shipped the way the mass law requires me to. see, I live in one of those, "we're going to ban everything that's fun state." unfortuneatly, fedx has extra requirements in mass. welcome to taxachusettes

again, I would like to state, customer service was fantastic, but their policy stinks
Maybe it is time for 1 more tea party?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
tea party

I agree, the mass gun laws are getting crazy.
there are certain guns you can not buy unless they have been deamed mass compliant, they need loaded round indicators, minimum trigger pulls, etc... I actually do not believe that Kt pistols are mass compliant, so I can't buy a new one, as for a used one, unless it was registered "in" mass prior to 1988, forget about it, it's a mass no-no there are a lot of gun manufacturers that are not even trying to be mass compliant any more. glock just released there new line of mass compliant guns, but many more still haven't so I am limited to what I can get new or even used.

not happy about BS mass laws

·
Registered
17 Posts
I know what you must be going through!

Garyz,
I have the EXACT same problem with you on my gun, SN14X, not far away from yours. We apparently have the earliest design of the bolt, and after talking with one of the gunsmiths there (Not Marty) he finally understood what I was talking about!
It seems not many people are having this issue, I myself plan to never shoot mine, keeping it in original shape and in the back of the safe. (Of all the great products KT has made I think this one will have good collectability)
I will be getting another as soon as the funds become available :wink:

Please do post what the status is on yours, did it come back? What were the changes? And how was dealing with the CS people every step of the way? I ask because when I called the CS fella that helped me didn't seem to know a lot about guns or even what I was trying to describe to him, when I finally showed him the exploded view from the manual ON KEL-TECs WEBSITE (the manual shows our older bolt/FP combination)then he realized that it was an older design and got me to a 'smith.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
the whole experience

I got the rifle back in about a week.
it took me a number of calls and different people @ kt to get to the bottom of this, the cs people while may not have know the exact problem, were, w/o a doubt the friendly bunch I ever dealt w/. wasn't too happy about only being reimbursed $20 when it cost me almost $60 but, as stated in earlier posts, better than nothing I guess.
rifle shoots fine, no problems, love it
kt did a fantastic job on it.
I just have to get my red dot zero'd in, looking for a laser light that I can put in the barrel to help, I've never had to sight in a scope before, I tried, but I think I made it worse

again, kt is a great company other than the shipping policy, and the fact that i live in ma

·
Registered
17 Posts
Good to hear

It's good to hear that you got it back in a timely manner, and that everything was good in the end.

I guess I only have one question, why did you have to pay so much to send it out from MA? I am unfamiliar with the laws there and I thought you could send firearms by UPS ground, which I would be cheaper.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Re: Good to hear

vhfkid said:
I guess I only have one question, why did you have to pay so much to send it out from MA?

No please! This topic is getting like Grease wars on KTOG. LOL It is a nightmare to ship with all carriers. Not like the old day when you could just go to the post office...

·
Registered
17 Posts
trying to understand the law

Yeah I know it is a hassle, with them all.

I am just curious abou the MA laws regarding shipping. I live in CA and expect that in the future we'll have laws about shipping like they do too!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
shipping

mass law req ovnt shipping
ups wanted me to schedule a special pickup at my house and was going to whack me for it

·
Registered
17 Posts
Re: tea party

garyz said:
I agree, the mass gun laws are getting crazy.
there are certain guns you can not buy unless they have been deamed mass compliant, they need loaded round indicators, minimum trigger pulls, etc... I actually do not believe that Kt pistols are mass compliant, so I can't buy a new one, as for a used one, unless it was registered "in" mass prior to 1988, forget about it, it's a mass no-no there are a lot of gun manufacturers that are not even trying to be mass compliant any more. glock just released there new line of mass compliant guns, but many more still haven't so I am limited to what I can get new or even used.

not happy about BS mass laws
Quit your bitching and move to Kommiefornia with me. When you live here then you have a reason to complain.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
cali vs ma

I hear ya, cali is not much better than ma.
they both bite the big one as far as recreational shooting goes

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.