Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all and hope everone are doing good. Well need a lil advice here. Just got my new guide spring in from wolff for my p32 11lbs.So when I pulled out the one that came with it from kel tec what I understand to be a 9lbs spring it looks thicker than the one from wolff. the new spring dose not feel any stronger than the other one when pulling the slide back to cycle a round into chamber. How can I tell if the one I removed is a 9lbs or if is higher. hmmmm thinking of geting mic out to just see if its my old eyes playing tricks on me.

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Is the new spring longer than the original one?
The design of the P-32 limits the diameter of the wire a spring can be made from... therefore, it's likely that the higher weight springs are actually thinner to allow for their extra length. If they weren't, they couldn't compress enough to allow the slide to fully retract.
My guess is that your new spring is just fine... a difference of two lbs. isn't that easy to detect just by racking the slide sometimes, but it'll be obvious when you're actually shooting the pistol!
Flyer

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
great that make me feel better about changing the spring and they are same when put side by side its just the thickness is diffrent between them. Thank you for the info

·
Registered
48 Posts
As a tip to keep things straight, I take the old recoil spring, lay it on top of some clear packing tape, and then fold the tape over the entire spring like an envelope. I then use a Sharpie to mark the tape with the necessary ID regarding the spring to let me know later on what spring it is. Any lingering adhesive from the tape will come off with a little solvent.

FWIW,

emc

1 - 4 of 4 Posts