Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed a small barely discernible indentation on my polymer guide rod about only 1/32 long kinda like you would take a knife and barely shave the surface. I could hardly feel it when I slid my finger over it so I re-assembled my gun . What would cause this mark and should I sand a certain part to elimimate any friction that might be present? I do have a metal guide rod which I haven't used yet should I install it the next time I breakdown the gun ? Is polymer or steel just a personal choice no advantage to either?

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
rimfire,
It's normal for your polymer guide rod to get a few nicks and scratches; this doesn't seem to affect performance or reliability in the slightest.
It's really up the the individual owner about steel guide rods in the P-32; some like 'em, some don't.
Either one will function just fine!
Flyer

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info Flyer

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have used 400 sandpaper to touch up tiny burs on my factory rod twice in its life and I am sneakin up on 1000 rounds. Viva la polymer!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Guide rod scrapes are caused by burrs on the rod guide piece. Looking at this piece you will see that the inner surface has a sharp edge around the hole for the rod.Rotating a sharp drill bit by hand against this edge will bevel it, removing the cause of damage.
dave a

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Make a phone call to KT and explain that you are having some damage on your polymer guide rod.....they'll probably through a few spare ones in an envelope to you at no charge.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts