Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally found one of these babies. The guy wanted 199 for it.
Now I have one yippee!!

Do these need a f&b job??

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
I had a P-10 and it should have had a F&B done. That was years ago. Not sure If I would mess with such a rear gun. You Lucky Dog

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Cloak,

Don't ever strip it to the point where you release the tension of the coiled hammer spring....you'll never get it back together! It takes a special tool/jig and any attempts by you will cause significant frustration.

I know, I did it once... :oops: The only way to get it back together was to box up the parts and mail it to KT. One of the 'smiths who had been with George in the Grendel days was nice enough to reassemble the P-12 for me...

The P-12 was fun at the time -- but the P-3AT is a vastly superior firearm.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I noticed that. And it looks like a demon to have to take apart.

Thats one of the things you have to endure sometimes when you have older guns.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Cloak, Im glad you found yourself a gendel p12.I purchased one 2 yrs ago and have capped off over 300 rds with it. the gun is very reliable. I clean it after use but havent stripped it down. A web site out there offers a pdf file with the whole schematic breakdown of it. I found that as well as other related info on the grendel. I'm very impressed with this little pistol. It really is well built and holds its own when we go shooting.I also shoot an H&K40cal, ruger 9mm and a glock 40.all the latter ones are much more accurate of course. I picked up a brand new keltec sub2k but have yet to shoot it./BIGSHOOTER

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Years ago, I discovered that Birmingham Pistol Wholesale in Trussville, AL bought up most if not all of the parts for the P-10 and P-12. Not sure if these numbers are any good anymore, but if you find yourself needing parts, it's worth the call tosee what they've got...

1-205-655-8799 800-951-4867 Fax: 1-205-655-1213

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cool
Thanx for the numbers. I put them in my cellphone

1 - 7 of 7 Posts