Kel-Tec Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody for or against this? (The Federal Gov. that is.)
I understand Social Security would not be stopped , What about the Military?
If those Two are not effected I'm all for it! unless I'm missing something. Of course these sneaky Politicans woould find a way for it to Hit "Women and Children the Hardest."

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK, I just heard on the News (From a Senator) That it will affect Veterans and the military
Time to rethink-------Outload?

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
I'm hoping it doesn't affect us... I've got a little cushion, but dammit I'm wanting to buy a motorcycle after this 3 day course I'm in the middle of... My debt is all through military affiliated organizations now, so surely they would be understanding... :shock: .

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
My debt is all through military affiliated organizations now, so surely they would be understanding... :shock: .
same boat with my debt. all my recurring bills (phone, cable, insurance) are with military friendly organizations. I have 0 credit card debt right now but if it lasted more then a month i would be finding another job and selling my TA-50 to recoup my back pay.

i dont think the government needs a shut down but it does need a serious trimming. im certain this wont effect senator/congress/presidential pay but im sure there are going to be some janitors that get fucked hard.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Everytime some talking head speaks I hear a different story about who and what is affected.
I wish you guys well!! and pray for the best .

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Well I checked my LES this morning and it definitely effected me. I'm getting half pay.

·
Premium Member
1,555 Posts
I was wrong in my other thread, Obama isn’t a Jackass, He's an ASSHOLE!!!!

Him, and all of the other Democrats who did not pass a budget when they had total control of all three branches of the Federal Government, and the ones who now are refusing to pass the latest stop-gap measure that would insure the funding for Military personnel through the end of this fiscal year no matter what else happens, because the same bill also takes away funding from Planned Parenthood.

I was unaware that Planned Parenthood was a part of the Federal Government, nor that they deserved a higher consideration than the men and women serving our Country; both here and abroad.

To say that these political games piss me off is an understatement!!! The fact that these dickheads are going to be receiving their paychecks while not really doing their jobs, while guys that got wounded in Iraq who aren't making anywhere near what these douchebags that sit in their air-conditioned Ivory Towers in Washington make are not, is the most vile display of disrespect towards the Military that I can think of!!! Why don't they just go to Walter Reed, and piss on them while they're sleeping?!?!?!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Just tried checking my LES, this is what popped up:

Pay System Down Main Exit Message NA14

We are Sorry! Due to DFAS system maintenance or high volume, your Account Statement
is currently unavailable. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Please try us again later or select Main to view other options.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
im sure it got overloaded with people not believing the hype checking their LES. but rumor has it here that they removed them because of the uproar. removing the LES is probably the worst thing they could do and i know they know that. from a psychological stand point not knowing falls below worse case scenario

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
its another temporary budget right now. we will see what happens thursday

1 - 11 of 11 Posts