Kel-Tec Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got my HC slide today and was supprised to find that they sent along a HC slide stop, slide stop spring and recoil springs and guide. KT guns may not be the prettiest ever made but they have the best customer service I have ever dealt with. :D Lubed and assembled it but can't get to the range till after the first of the year. :cry:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Does the P-11 become a 'better gun' when it comes back with the HC parts. I know that cosmetically and some mechanical wear is an improvement. But can you get an extra 5 yards of accuracy from it? Do the sights tend to be better centered?

The money is not the issue, more of the time and effort to ship it off and just do it.

-KL

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re:

KenL said:
Does the P-11 become a 'better gun' when it comes back with the HC parts. I know that cosmetically and some mechanical wear is an improvement. But can you get an extra 5 yards of accuracy from it? Do the sights tend to be better centered?

The money is not the issue, more of the time and effort to ship it off and just do it.

-KL
I wont know if it is better mechanicaly improved because I never shot it before I sent for the HC exchange but I'll bet we get some reports from those that know. :wink:

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Well,
It's going to be better in the sense that there's less wear on the frame...
It's bore is now chrome-lined, so it'll have longer life and be easier to clean.
And, the action will likely be smoother.
All in all, I'd say it's improved quite a bit!
Flyer

·
Premium Member
5,516 Posts
Hmm,
When I got back my two P-40 slides from the hard chrome exchange they fit very tightly - actually too tightly. I used some jeweler's rouge and my Dremel to smooth out the grooves where they slide against the frame. I believe that accuracy is indeed improved because of the closer fit - the plating actually adds metal to the slide. Same thing for the barrel fit - much tighter.

Regards, Keys 8)

·
Registered
467 Posts
Are they really chrome plated??

Are they really chrome plated?, I looked at a new P-11 not long ago, and my first impression of the gun was it looked like it was galvanized. reguardless it looks better than the blued, but it was like $65 dollars more than the blued model, I bought the blued gun because I keep them well oiled anyway.

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Yep, it's chrome.
It looks rough 'cause the finish underneath is rough, not highly polished before the chrome's applied.
Flyer

1 - 8 of 8 Posts