Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've made several suggestions for things I thought would improve "other" boards... to simply be ignored. We don't intend that to happen here. I implemented a few of the things I wanted here already. Some other people made suggestions regarding the type size... we changed it. Others made new forum suggestions... we added them. If you have an idea, we would like to be more repsonsive to the people the board is here to serve... so chime in!

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Posting pictures

Midi,
thanks for your inquiry. With your expertise and others involved, I know you can fix it so we can post .jpg's direct from our own hard drive. With all the digital cameras out there, we can get some great info on what others are doing. I dislike having to post a url with a picture I posted on the old site or some other gun forum.
You can do it!!
Thanks,
og :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
This isn't a forum suggestion per se.

Would it be possible to post another section devoted only to technical assistance and previously offered, tried and true tips, or at least links to them? You could call it a "KTRange Collective Wisdom Tech Tips" or something.

There are many great suggestions over at KTOG, many of which were offered by the new founders of this site, that I'll never be able to find again, simply because they are not catalogued with the forum software. I've never even delved into the archives over there.

A file on fluff and buff and basic steps prior to firing a new gun for newbies, technical tips common to all the Kel Tec pistols, outlines of basic trouble spots well known to Kel Tec owners and how to simply correct them, when its time to call in Kel Tec's help. etc.

For instance, long before I bought a Kel Tec I was reading the KTOG forum, and as a result did a fluff and buff on both my P-11 and P-3AT prior to first use, and I think that advice saved me a lot of frustration.

I realize this would be time consuming so its not something essential to the forum, just an idea.

·
Premium Member
3,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
St Michael said:
Would it be possible to post another section devoted only to technical assistance and previously offered, tried and true tips, or at least links to them? You could call it a "KTRange Collective Wisdom Tech Tips" or something.
We're working on this. Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Posting pictures

oldgranpa said:
Midi,
thanks for your inquiry. With your expertise and others involved, I know you can fix it so we can post .jpg's direct from our own hard drive. With all the digital cameras out there, we can get some great info on what others are doing. I dislike having to post a url with a picture I posted on the old site or some other gun forum.
You can do it!!
Thanks,
og :)
We did it. It's admittedly not as pretty as some "other" sites... but it's functional for those of you who don't have your own web space to link to stored pics.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
I knew you could!!

Midi,
You guys are like the famous story in the video I used to show my grandkids...The little engine that could.

One more idea. Can you add an edit feature so when I mess up a word I can correct it? I recommend something like Glock Talk has where you can edit but not delete a post. That way there is a record that only moderators can delete.

og

·
Premium Member
3,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: I knew you could!!

oldgranpa said:
Midi,
You guys are like the famous story in the video I used to show my grandkids...The little engine that could.

One more idea. Can you add an edit feature so when I mess up a word I can correct it? I recommend something like Glock Talk has where you can edit but not delete a post. That way there is a record that only moderators can delete.

og
There should be "quote" and "edit" buttons in the upper right corner of your message? And maybe and "X" button to delete a post if it's yours?

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
OK, Mid, I see it.

Thanks again, Midi, I see it now, getting old and stupid. No more suggestions for now. The site is great!!
og

ps...edited this to say, you have to be logged in to see the edit button, and it appears only on your own post. That's why I didn't see it before, stupid me wasn't logged in.
Sure works great though!! Tks!

·
Registered
192 Posts
A minor bug report. Sometimes when you click "Post Reply" you get redirected to the index page by mistake.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Any chance of asking Kel-tec to add a link to KTRange on their website -- similar to what exists for KTOG?

I think we will get more exposure from people who find the Kel-tec site and then follow the link to KTRange. That was how I found KTOG years ago.

I think that it is in KT's best interest to add an additional link to another owner's forum.

·
Registered
11 Posts
No Complaints here, just a suggestion.

I would like to see a "HOME" button or link
back to the Home Page. I have been using the Links
page ( It's more complete and better than my "Favorites Menu" ) and there isn't anyway to get back to it, once Ive
finished pokin' round on the Forum.

.... That is unless I just didn't find it yet.

Keep up the good work, looks GREAT!

DetroitShooter

·
Registered
192 Posts
auto login that works with win2k, IE6 would be nice

its kind of inconvenient to log in everytime

·
Registered
205 Posts
yeah, I have win 2000 and IE6 and it logs me in....

·
Registered
207 Posts
*Post subject* needs a larger font.

I made my suggestion in the subject line, did you miss it??

·
Premium Member
3,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: *Post subject* needs a larger font.

RHedley said:
I made my suggestion in the subject line, did you miss it??
I played with it some. There are only 3 fonts in use and there doesn't appear to be any way to change the size of the subject line independently. I tried changing all the settings except the body text setting and it had no effect on the subject line at all. Frankly, I don't even know why the subject line is there. The topic of the thread should be the subject.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Subject line not needed.

:D I agree....

RJ=

1 - 19 of 19 Posts