Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The list of banned weapons in the original AWB did not include any Kel-Tec weapon by name.

Well, guess what? The new bill, H.R. 2038, being introduced in the House of Representatives to reauthorize and strengthen the AWB contains the following within its list of banned weapons:

(x) Kel-Tec Sub Rifle;
I assume that this means the Kel-Tec SUB 2000 Rifle. I don't know if that would also include the SU-16.

I know that we've heard that the leadership in the House of Representatives have indicated that no bills to renew the AWB will make it to the floor. However, let's not let our guard down. This is something that all gun-owners need to actively fight.

What say you all?

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Yep, they'd like to label it a Weapon of Mass Destruction.
Folks like this are dangerous: They're already Wielders of Mass Stupidity... and nothing is more terrifying than Ignorance in Action.
Any effort to harm the 2nd Amendment is subject to any damage I can inflict.
Flyer

·
Premium Member
3,629 Posts
This is a bill that was introduced a long time ago. It hasn't gone anywhere and isn't going to. It's a diversionary tactic on the part if the antis to simply get the original AWB renewed. The "lesser" of two evils.

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
dadwkids,
Naw, if the bill went through it'd be the same as it is with ARs and AKs... the ones you've already got are fine, but there'd be no new ones for non-Leos.
Which means there'd be no more for anyone, since KT couldn't afford to keep making them! That's just part of the anti's strategy.
But, like Midi said, this Bill is pretty much a non-starter. Wouldn't worry too much about it.
Flyer

G

·
You might be wrong

While kalashnikovs and armalites are allowed if they are pre-ban, that is not so in California. According to California law, they are "assault weapons", pre-ban or not. If the Kel-tec sub2000 or the Su-16 are deemed "assault weapons", according to California law they must be turned in, or face a fine, jail time, or other legal action.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
All you California guys can send your "banned" stuff over here to me in sunny Florida! I'd be pleased to "hold" it for you...

:ar15: :ak2: :smiley1: :mgun: :kali: :biggun2:

·
Registered
345 Posts
I've heard from a couple different credible sources that the US Senate is supposed to start debate on SB 659 regarding the frivolous lawsuits against gun manufacturers some time this week. This is the bill that recently was falsely rumored to have the extension of the AWB as a rider.

Now is the time to contact your U.S. Senators to support SB659, but oppose any riders regarding extending the AWB.

Allan

1 - 8 of 8 Posts