Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since the "assault weapon" law may shortly be gone, what is the going price for a collapsible stock, Colt Sporter lightweight pre-ban. I came across a model R6530 sn SL0172XX NIB that is for sale and wondered what is the fair market value. I am worried that if I wait too long, it will be gone - but don't want to overpay for it either. Please help...

·
Premium Member
3,629 Posts
I understand prices have been dropping as people get edgy over whether the ban will sunset and they might end up with a gun they can only get half of what they paid fot it. Typical preban prices on ARs before the possibility the ban might sunset ran between $1400 - $2000, with the Colts landing on the higher end of the scale. It's a roll of the dice right now... pay even the discounted preban price and discover it's worth dwarfed on 9/13 if the ban sunsets, or buy at the discounted rate, watch the ban get renewed and watch your investment appreciate in value. I'd just wait 8 months and see what happens. You could end up with the same rifle for half the price.

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Also keep in mind that you can go ahead and buy a good Bushmaster - which I believe are currently SUPERIOR to Colt - and add whatever you want after the ban sunsets.
Flyer

·
Registered
192 Posts
That's what I did.
Bushmaster V Match Carbine, Nikon Monarch 3-9

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Couldn't wait

The price seemed right for what I got. I figured that if I bought a post ban and added the stock and threaded the barrel; I would end up paying more than I did for this. As it is, I have a preban Colt Sporter lightweight that all I have to do is add a scope and buy a stack of mags.

·
Registered
63 Posts
See, I figure it this way. I already own an eagle arms and a couple bushmasters. Threading my upper and putting on a flash hider next september should run me about $20 Collapsible stock about $60. So, for $80 we are even up. I have not even decided on the collapsible as I really prefer shooting with an A-1 stock on my carbine now. Ah well, we shall see.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
R6530

It has the small pivot pin and the large Colt trigger pin. What they can a "transitional" model. These are going for about $1300, not bad for a Colt preban. It also has the pinned sear block - not a big deal to remove if I want to add a two stage trigger. Best part - its been fired only 27 rounds. Bought it from a friend so I know its history.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ps...

Almost forgot. The NIB twin to this (he had bought two at the same time and couldn't resist firing a mag through one of them) sold for CONSIDERABLELY more that I paid for the fired one. For 27 rounds fired and to not be tempted to making it a closet queen again, I'd rather have this one. Colt 20rd mags and a 1.5-5 scope on its way - I just can't wait to see what she'll do.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts