1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Yep, they'll work... although reliability is open to question.
They may function perfectly... or poorly. It's one of those toss-of-the-coin propositions.
The price is nice, though... I don't see any harm in trying a couple. At the very least, they'll make nice range mags.
Flyer

·
Registered
31 Posts
domzilla, have you tried these yet? I just ordered 2 of them and I will post how well they function once I receive them.
sub2k

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I didn't buy them. Instead I bought six NFML pre-bans on Glock Talk and then ordered pre-ban NFML rebuild kits [ New 9mm3 follower, and +10% spring and plates] from Glockmeister. Before being rebuilt, the 1st gen magazines would not feed the last round of the mag but otherwise functioned fine. After I rebuilt the mags, they fed all of the rounds just fine.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have a problem

I received the two mags today and they are factory Glock pre ban "non-drop free". They do not lock into my sub2k. Is there some type of mod that I have to perform or did I just make a rookie mistake and blow $80. I appreciate any help you can give me.
Thanks,
sub2k

·
Premium Member
3,629 Posts
1st Gen NFML mags are notorious for not fitting in S2Ks. Kel-Tec will perform a mod to the mag catch if you send the gun to them. I was surprised to see Domzilla report that his 1st Gens worked fine. It's rarely the case. All my mags are 2nd Gen, FML, drop frees which Klinton forced me to pay anywhere from $60 - $90 a piece for. I left the 9mm1 followers in them but replaced all the 10rd mag followers with 9mm3s. They tend to feed better.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Thanks for the info Midi. If I send it to keltec, will my gen 2 mags still function properly? Sorry, I know very little about Glock products.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Bad news from KelTec

Well I finally called them and spoke to the service department. They said that there was nothing that they could do for me. If the current mags worked fine there was nothing wrong with the gun and there was no adjustment that they could make for previous generation mags. I really got the impression that he didn't care or want to take the time to really understand the problem. I was disappointed with their service department. It is too bad because I had become a fan of their products.

Sub2k

G

·
I have two of the Norwegian mags for my sub and they lock in place only on an open bolt the mags won't lock if the bolt is closed. At least this is the way mine works.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Thanks Mike

I got them to catch with the bolt open and they functioned fine. After firing several rounds they lock in every time with the bolt open now. Thanks for the tip.

Sub2k

·
Registered
17 Posts
gen i mags are ever so slightly shorter no mod should be needed to the catch but using fine sand paper on the bottom of the mag well should take care of the problem. take off just enough material until the mags seat with a normal amount of force.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.