Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed the trigger stop on my P-11 with super glue. I put a couple of drops to many on it and a little is now on my gun. What do you use to remove the excess?

Thanks

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Yup... it's the acetone in the remover that does the job. A little dab'll doya, though!
Flyer

·
Registered
467 Posts
Acetone

All the posts above is 100% right.

I buy just straight acetone from the hardware store, when I first bought my Kel-Tecs they came with a red sticker on the trigger guard, after tearing the sticker off it left a tackey area on the trigger guard, I just used some acetone and it came right off.

Acetone also has many household uses, you can remove any kind of stickers with it, use it to clean glass etc.

$800 Box

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
assetone

mike, be careful about getting your nose to close to that little hole in the top. it'll make your posts wacky! :D

·
Registered
205 Posts
also I'm pretty sure that stuff will eat/melt some plastics (maybe not the polymer frame of a KT, but some other stuff) so before using it on other stuff, you might want to test a small area first...

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Yup, it'll eat other plastics like crazy...
Got a piece of styrofoam around, maybe one of those plastic packing peanuts?
Pour a spoonful or so onto THAT and see what happens... and how FAST it does!!!
Flyer

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
acetone

a known carcinogen, in it's pure form, one of the few chemicals to attack polyvinylchloride. :eek:

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Well danggit, byron!!!
NOW you've got me feeling sorry for the styrofoam peanut.
I've got a conscience that's WAY WAY out of proportion when it comes to assigning guilt to myself... now I've possibly contributed to the assassination of styro-nuts...
I better get back on the meds.
Flyer

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.