Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to KTRange and also to Kel-Tecs, for that matter. Was into competitive pistol shooting back in the 70's but lost interest when family responsibilities began taking up all the spare time.
Now that I've moved to South Carolina and the gun laws are a lot less rigid (was from New Jersey) I'm setting up a small range on the property. Lots of new gun makers on the scene since I've been away. I'm getting fired up (excuse pun) over these Kel-Tecs, though. Looks like I'm going to have to pick up one of those P-3AT's pretty soon. I'm waiting for my CCW permit to arrive and am looking for a small carry piece. Seems like the P-3AT might just fit the bill.

Big Bear Dave

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Big Bear Dave,
Welcome to the Range!
Yep, the P-3AT is one of the very best possible choices for deep concealment... if not THE best choice.
Hope to hear about YOUR new KT soon!
Flyer

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Getting Back to Shooting

Thanks Flyer. Will keep you all updated on my purchase plans. Right now, I'm going to spend a little time learning about the ins and outs of the P-3AT. Thanks again!

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
reloads......

Hey Dave welcome to the range. There is a wealth of information. I learn something new everyday here.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Big Bear,

The P-3AT is the best thing that's happened for daily carry deep concealment since, say........the P-32!! Many people, including myself, carry the P-3AT all day everyday. The size and weight make you almost forget that you are armed. A good pocket holster like RJ Hedley's or K&D Holsters is the best way to carry.

The new hard chrome and soon to be released Parkerized versions provide the corrosion resistance needed with daily carry. I don't believe you would be wasting the $269 or so you'll spend to buy a P-3AT.

If all you can find is blued in your area -- no worries. Buy it and mail the top end assembly back to KT and for $20 they'll send you the hard chrome -- $15 for the parkerized version when it becomes available.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts