Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Glad you asked it. I was just coming to post the exact same question after browsing around gunbroker. It's a little late (or early, depending on your viewpoint) to call KT today (1:20am), but I'll have to remember to call tomorrow. I'd LOVE to get a gray grip to go with my (future) chrome slide.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
grip colors

go to the "maximising miniturization" forum and look at flyers post on colors. if you can get a grip in white you're in business.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I called Kel-Tec to order another grip because I wanted to see about making some mods to one. When I asked about the grips I was surprised when they asked what color I wanted.

They have black, greay and od green available. The grips were $20, and the grip with "internal parts" was $29. THey reccomended one with the internal parts because they said they were difficult to put in. The grip with the internal parts had the hammer block, hammer block spring, magazine catch and magazine catch spring installed.

I now have a P3-AT with an od green grip. :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
flatrock, when you get the frame with the internal parts can you just swap the slides and be in business or do you have to change out the trigger?

·
Registered
205 Posts
you still have to pull the frame out (which has the trigger in it), but then you don't have to mess with the hammer block, pin, spring, and mag catch and spring.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i noticed that KT has their S/N in a strange place. with most other manufacturer's when you order a frame it is considered as a whole new gun.

·
Registered
205 Posts
KT put the SN on the only part of the frame that is visible with the gun assembled. The frame is the gun with KT's as well... the problem is that many mistakenly refer to the grip as the frame... The grip is a plastic mag well with a trigger guard, the frame is an aluminum block with rails for the slide.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts