Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saturday, my wife and I were out looking for a new couch, and we just happen to drive my favorite gun store. Seeing as I can now drive and was driving, I turned in. You have to understand, we had hit a number of furniture stores and we (meaning, my wife) had no luck in finding what she wanted. At this point she was getting depressed about the whole couch bit, and by turning into a gun shop, I wasn't helping much. I promised to make it quick, left the air running in the car and made a quick retreat into the store. This store is usually pretty busy, but I must have hit a lull, and one of the salesmen I knew was free. I made a quick inquiry abut the Springfield XD Sub Compact In 40 S&W and was told everyone thought the gun was a myth as no one had seen them yet, and he wanted to know if I was interested in a Springfield Micro Compact in a 45 acp. These things normally run at least $400 more, than what the sub compact xd will list out at. I told him I was interested in them, but I didn't want to spend that much. That's when he set the hook----He brought out a "slightly used" Micro Compact and set it in front of me. I looked it over, and really couldn't tell if it had a round put through it, it was pristine. He said he'd sell it to me for $250 less than what it's twin brother was selling for, that was setting next to it. Having been married as long as I have, I knew this was not the time to be waltzing out to the car with a new hard shell gun case under my arm (at least not until she found her couch). Now I don't want you guys to think I'm a wimp, but I did what any normal adult male, would do in that situation-- I put a couple of hundred down on it and told him I'd pick it up in a few days, went out to the car, kissed my wife and drove out of there. To shorten this long story up, we stopped at one more furniture store, she found a couch she liked (beats me, I thought anyone of a dozen others we looked at were fine), took a pillow home from it to check the color, and over Sunday decided it was acceptable. Today we paid for the couch, and I casually mentioned I thought I had seen a gun I might pick up and headed over to the gun store. I Went in paid it off and came out with a gun case that my wife didn't bat an eye at. Here follows the pictures---Life is good---Timing is everything--- :)

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Very nice! Nice grips, too... Cocobolo?
I bet ya won't miss that XD one little bit.
Flyer

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re:

Flyer said:
Very nice! Nice grips, too... Cocobolo?
I bet ya won't miss that XD one little bit.
Flyer
Yep, Cocobolo grips, night sights, 24 oz, 3 inch barrel, 6 plus one----When I field stripped it tonight, no sign of powder, the rails still had paint on them (frame). It looked like someone had taken it home, cleaned it, oiled the barrel and put it away---

MD

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re:

PlasticGunLover said:
that's a nice one. Got a glock i'll trade for it.... :)
Glock? Glock? What's a Glock??? :wink:

·
Registered
519 Posts
man, you've got the system all figured out dont you! my wife says 2 pistols is enough ( :shock: )

·
Registered
285 Posts
Dadburnit. I should've gone to your gun store.

I walked in last weekend intending to buy a SA Micro but wound up with a Kimber Ultra Carry II instead. Same size and weight -- basically the same gun. But now my SA 1911s keep eyeballing the Kimber like there's going to be a schoolyard fight.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Re:

packin heat said:
man, you've got the system all figured out dont you! my wife says 2 pistols is enough ( :shock: )
thats why you gotta ditch the wife and be a bachelor like me

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
i'd be ashamed of my self if i was that devious. besides, my wife watches me like a hawk. when we were married i had an oooold johnson 5 hp outboard motor. i kept it on a stand in the garage covered with a towel. i bought a new 7 1/2 johnson and put it on the stand and put the towel over it. about a week later she said, "got a new boat motor huh"? i said "how do you know"? she said "the bottom part's a different shade of green". i can't get away with anything. i think if the truth were known, she had 8 or 10 husbands before me. :?

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re:

byron said:
i'd be ashamed of my self if i was that devious. besides, my wife watches me like a hawk. Edited--

Byron, I'm not devious---I've just been married to the same wonderful woman for 38 years. After that many years together, why do something that I knew would upset her? It was a little devious, but as an old married fella, you know as well as me, that it is better to pick the battles that mean something to you and put the oil on the water for the little things. If getting that gun would have really bothered her, I would have let it go----The next good gun buy is just around the corner, but a person you can live with for 38 years is hard to come by---I would be willing to bet your just devious as me----(I can spout off all I want now, the Micro Compact is safe with it's brothers :wink: )

MD

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re:

packin heat said:
Just tell her that in the dark, they multiply!!!Didn't work for me, but It did bring a smile to her face (or maybe that was stomach pain??? :shock:)

MD

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
I'm learning a lot, here! This thread's like a mini-classroom on proper marriage etiquitte!
Ah.. um... I think I'm also learning why I'm still a bachelor at 41. :shock:
Flyer

·
Registered
519 Posts
haha "the bottom parts a different shade of green"
its amazing how some women would notice that, and some wouldnt notice or care. when i sold auto parts, youde be amazed how many women came in for parts, and when asked what kinda car they had, all they would say is "uh, its red". now im not making fun of anyone...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Send that baby off to Terry Tussey and let him do his magic. Went to the range yesterday at lunch and ran a hundred paper killers through my Springfield Armory Tussey special .45. I realized it was 20 years ago that he tricked it out and I can remember 2 jams in all those years. Sent him a note to say thanks and he said he's still hard at it.

Your post gave me the "I wan'ts" must...have...micro....

Any suggestions on where to buy the couch? It works the same with all of them.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Re:

Jarhed said:
Any suggestions on where to buy the couch? It works the same with all of them.
LOL!! :lol:

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re:

Any suggestions on where to buy the couch? It works the same with all of them.[/quote]

Yup, my suggestion is anywhere your wife wants to buy it :lol: :lol:

MD

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Not a bad deal. Let the wife buy a couch and you get a new gun. Hey if you think about, Thats your couch too, but the pistol is yours(or hers)...And you can sit on the couch with the gun.

Nice gun though

·
Registered
10 Posts
Gun safes are primarily designed to hide things from your wife. Until it is full. Then you are in trouble.

:D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts