Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
..Sorry if I should've posted this in "Accessories", but here goes. Will the Fobus paddle holster for the P-32 also fit the P-3AT? Just wondering if I'd be able to use the same rig for both pistols;have had the .32 for some time, and looking for all possible excuses to get a .380, whenever I stumble across a "deal"...

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Nope, won't fit right.
Fobus will tell you it WILL. You can force the 3-AT in there, but then you've got a huge gap on the sides and the pistol will simply fall out.
The 3-AT doesn't have the scallops on the slide like the P-32; add a fraction of an inch of extra slide height, and you've got a no-go.
Flyer

·
Registered
2 Posts
Brian D. said:
..Sorry if I should've posted this in "Accessories", but here goes. Will the Fobus paddle holster for the P-32 also fit the P-3AT? Just wondering if I'd be able to use the same rig for both pistols;have had the .32 for some time, and looking for all possible excuses to get a .380, whenever I stumble across a "deal"...
I went ahead a bought a Fobus P32 holster for my P3AT. It's obviously not a perfect fit, but in my opinion, is just as secure and works very well. It still gives a positive "snap in place" and give the same resistence to removal that it does for the P32.

So in my opinion it works fine, but it would be a matter of preference.

·
Registered
46 Posts
This is a very old posting, but I thought I would add an update.

Fobus now offers a paddle holster for the P3AT 2nd gen.

I just purchased one last week and tomorrow I will be sending it back.

Fobus says that its for the P3AT 2G, but its really made for the SigSauer 230/232.
The holster does hold the gun, but the holster is obviously made for a much larger gun and it has a terrible fit.

So I thought I would give anyone who is concidering getting a Fobus paddle holster for the P3AT 2G, a heads up, and tell them not to waste their money.

·
Registered
12 Posts
The problem with kydex is that, unlike leather, there's no "give" and it truly has to fit perfectly. If it does, it can't be beat for its price, weight, and retention. I have a Fobus paddle for my Taurus 85 and it fits perfectly. You really have to find one that was specifically molded for a single gun model. If you can try it out at a gun store/show, and it works, it's a super product.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I bought a fobus paddle for my glock 27. It worked well for me other than the tabs where it is riveted together. When I practiced rapid presentations with it, my shirt got snagged on those rivets almost everytime. This made it impossible for me to get the gun out quickly. Now the fobus sits in the bottom of a drawer. I am not saying its junk, I just couldnt use it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Fobus input

:x Hey folks Im dissapointed with Fobus also, I did see the add for the new model P-3AT.But did not see any input or have one too put my gun in. I did buy one for my most Excellent "Springfield" XD-9 Mini, and sure it fits in the holster but I dont like the inch and a half of extra that extends past the end of barrell and slide. Makes the holster bigger than what I wanted... So Good to hear the input..... :evil:

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
I have a P32 and SG P3AT. The P32 fits in the Fobus with a solid retention but it moves around a bit. While it is not made for my SG P3AT I can force it in and it holds it pretty well.

I just ordered a new P3AT Fobus holster. I'm going to be very disappointed if in fact they have misrepresented it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I bought one for my 2gen and all though it does spread about 1/8 inch when the gun is in. It holds it tight and it will not fall out. It's not perfect but it does work for me.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Well I talked to Fobus in PA about the new holster they supposedly have for the SG P3AT.

They said Fobus in Israel changed the numbers on them and the holster is really for a Sig. I told them to cancel my order and I am having one being made by Pale Horse.

Fobus said that they will be making one specifically for the SG soon so check back with them. I do like Fobus, I have one for my P32 and a magazine holder for my 45.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I use Fobus IWB and ankle holster.

I have never had a bad IWB (off duty) Fobus holster.

I have never had a bad ankle holster.

Retention has been excellent.

I had a couple of Fobus duty holsters, but I didnt use them because they lack retention straps.

They look good and work good, but without straps they could be dangerous.

I dont really care for the paddle holsters for the Kel-Tecs.
There are better ways to carry a P-32 or a P-3AT.

I have a great GALCO paddle for my Taurus 85.
This is about the only paddle holster that I like.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Fobus Holster for P3AT

The Fobus Part # KTP32 is a paddle holster fits both the P32 and the 1st gen P3AT. The fit is perfect and the pistol will not fall out as someone stated. Actually, it takes a firm, quick pull to get it out and you can shake the holster with the gun in place and it will not come out.

In you have a 2nd gen P3AT, the have a new part number for it, # SG3BH which is a belt holster.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts