Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's an excerpt from a P11 post at the other KT place:

I'd still like to find a DIY mod to add some sort of grip to the front of the trigger gaurd, it'd help my recovery time a great deal if I didn't have to reposition my weak hand after every shot... by cmidkiff
So... How about some sort of molded, plastic, finger-grip-type thingy that fastens/snaps/adheres to the outside of the triger guard? You could do an adaptable, "universal" one that might fit several models. Can we say "patent pending"?

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Nope!
If you take the time to learn the proper hold, you'll never have your hands separate like that. That should never happen when you're shooting a defensive pistol.
Remember the rules of holding a pistol, Weaver-style: Push outwards with the shooting hand, and pull inwards with the supporting hand.
Push and pull hard.
Do that and you can say goodbye to separated hands... and also say hello to reduced perceived recoil!
Flyer

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I hear ya. My P89 does have the outside of the trigger guard molded a little to "accept" the index finger of the supporting hand. I'm sure others do to. It facilitates your hand moving naturally to where you want it and is comfortable if not necessary. Just a thought.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts