Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
got a used 2nd gen p3at a month ago. immediately had the infamous failure to eject issue. both with cheap independence and hornady CD. jammed at least once each clip. called keltec, they sent me a new extractor spring, extractor and screw. put the new parts on, fluff and buff, still no go. read on a couple boards about doubling up the extractor spring. put both on, used the new screw and put 50 rounds of white box and 18 hornady CD's with zero problems. actually, one round failed to extract but i seriously limp wristed that shot, completely operator error. i will report back when i have put a few hundred more rounds through it.

i have gone from hating this gun to loving it. YMMV, just wanted to share my experience with the gun.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i've put 100 more rounds through with no issues. and this was with some cheap russian made tul ammo. loving it.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
No arguing with success! :D

Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
9 Posts
When using two extractor springs you need a longer screw. Pickup one that is a little longer (when it's tighten down the firing pin will not move forward and spring back), file it down until the firing pin moves freely (plus a tad more). Don't forget to apply blue locktite to the top of half of the threads, start the screw, turn in a couple of turns, apply locktite, tighten down hard.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
just a quick update one year later. hundreds and hundreds of rounds put through it since I made the modification, not a single failure to fire or eject. Very happy.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i know everyone says to do this, but i just used the new screw keltec sent me plus some locktite and it has worked fine. ymmv, and please keep in mind i am in no way shape or form a gun smith. just i guy who likes taking things apart and trying to put them back together

When using two extractor springs you need a longer screw. Pickup one that is a little longer (when it's tighten down the firing pin will not move forward and spring back), file it down until the firing pin moves freely (plus a tad more). Don't forget to apply blue locktite to the top of half of the threads, start the screw, turn in a couple of turns, apply locktite, tighten down hard.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts