Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My apologies if this topic has been brought lately. I just got back on this board since the whole format changed (a NICE format, I might add).

Does anyone have a FIST Kydex pocket holster for their P-3AT? About 6 weeks ago, I e-mailed Gunners Alley, and they said it was being developed, and would be available "in a couple of weeks". I e-mailed them again about 10 days ago with the same question, and have yet to get a response.

I have one for my Kahr PM9, and I love it. Any feedback would be appreciated. :D

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Welcome, Druggie!
Nope, not a new format... a new SITE!!! This isn't Ktog!
Yesterday for a brief period Ktog linked to us before they finally came back up after a long downtime.
Not sure about the FIST holsters... but someone'll come along with info on one, I'm sure!
Flyer

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have two on order, left & right hand versions. I got an email from FIST saying that they were just waiting for a gun blank to work from. They should have it by now, and the holsters will be available sometime in February.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Pocket Holsters

Morning all ~! Must say I'm really enjoying this Board/Site.
Now, on to business, Uncle Mikes (#0 I think) is a great,cheap,and available everywhere Pocket Holster for the 3AT,mine works well for me ! Also, Fobus has Kydex paddle holster for P-32 thtat fits 3AT well ,if you want to belt carry .. GO POKES !!

·
Registered
47 Posts
nothing wrong with fist...they have a decent rep..that is if you like kydex and as everyone knows SYNTHETICS ARE OF THE DEVIL!!!!!

OBTW...I am back..puter went down for about a week but now again I am here :lol:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I ordered one today...

I received an email this morning from Gunners Alley stating that the FIST people now had a mold for the P-3AT...in the gun selection scroll down, on the FIST Kydex order form, the Kel-Tec P-3AT has been added. SO...I odered one, and it accepted my order--$31.95 + $6.00 S&H. I believe it said 2 to 4 weeks delivery. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
58 Posts
My Fist #K5 holsters arrive Wednesday! I got Left and Right handed one, so I'll be able to give you all a review for both.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Got 'em, and I like them! They fit looser than leather holster do, but don't rely on friction to hold the gun in place. I primarily use the left hand one, for weak side BUG duty. It is far more "confidence inspiring" than my Uncle Mike's or Desantis holsters. My right hand one is doing temporary duty with my P32 for my wife. She likes pocket carry over purse carry. (I put in a small amount of fuzzy-side velcro tape to make the P32 fit properly, until I could get P32 holster for it.)

I finally feel confident enough with a pocket holster that I'm "Home-Carrying" my P3AT.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mike,

I looked at my FIST, INC invoice, and under "Description" it says: K5 - K PM9.

It is for front pocket carry. I only carry the PM9 when I wear a jacket or coat that has an inside (left) pocket, for crossdraw. I don't carry the PM9 in my front pants pocket. It is a VERY small gun, but it is like a very small BRICK in your dockers or bermudies.

I carry my P-3AT 99.9% of the time. :!:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I finally received my FIST Kydex holster for my P-3AT two days ago, and it is about as good a functioning pocket holster as you can find. It is not flashy--but its thin, the gun "snaps" into place, and it weighs only 0.8 oz. And, it has that nifty little curved "thumb push" gadget at the very top. THIS IS NOT A FANCY HOLSTER. It looks more like something for law enforcement or whatever--black, dull, and hard--but it's well made. R.J.Hedley makes the "masterpieces" of pocket holsters. His are so PURDY, they just don't belong in deep concealment! The FIST is kind of like the GLOCK of holsters--ugly but virutally flawless. :wink:

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Yeah... I've always LIKED the way Glocks look!
And remember, the 1911 used to be known as "Old Ugly" and "Old Slabsides"... now it's considered the projectile-flinging equivalent of Cindy Crawford!
Flyer

·
Registered
1 Posts
RE: FIST pocket holster

I just ordered a K5 pocket holster for my new P3AT this week (through gunnersalley of course). It sounds like another good product from FIST by all the reports. I have 3 other FIST Kydex holsters, so I would expect the little pocket holster to be just as good.

Hope it doesn't take 4 weeks though :?

·
Registered
467 Posts
Belt Clip

Jr,

I dont know if you know it or not but Kel-Tec makes a belt clip for both the P-3AT and P-11 in black or stainless steel.
I have both black and stainless, and the I think the stainless looks terrible, but the black looks like it was born on the gun.
They work better for concealment than any holster I have ever owned, you can still use a holster with the belt clip if you want, it does not get in the way.
What I like about the beltclip is that if you have your gun in a coat pocket for example and then decide to take your coat off all you have to do is just stick the gun in your waistband.
The gun rides really low inside the waistband, you have to look close to even notice it before you pull your shirt tail over it.
Also if you get a piece on velcro and put it around your ankle you can slip the gun between the velcro and your ankle with the beltclip making it like a ankle holster.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Re:

j.r. guerra in s. tx. said:
The Pager Pal sounds like a natural for the size / width of the 3AT . . . anyone try this yet?

http://www.pagerpal.com/

in case you aren't aware what I'm talking about.
I looked at them in the past but it didn't work at all like they claimed in the video.

My personal experience:

Poor fit - did not hang far enough below the waste band
Poor Leather - Stiff, thick & hard

First time I showed one to my wife (While trying it on, "concealed") she said "Hey. What's that in your pants." :shock:

Not a good quality for a concealed carry holster.

·
Registered
321 Posts
i think they ran out of cash. In the past, people were leaving some crazy feedback on their testimony section! I got a small laugh at the terrible things they were saying....

--PGL

·
Registered
345 Posts
There is already an entire thread regarding the PagerPal on this P-3AT forum . Thread title is "PagerPal".

Bottom line is that unless most of your time is spent standing up, the pagerpal is probably not going to work very well for you. Picture sitting down with a small dinnerplate stuck between your belt and your thigh. I've known people who liked the pagerpal, but not very many...

Allan

1 - 20 of 20 Posts