Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have posted this at GlockTalk and KTOG with no results. People own FIST holsters but not this particular one. I'm interested in a crossdraw holster as it looks more comfortable for concealement while sitting and driving. If nobody has this holster, what about other crossdraw holsters for P-11?

Does anyone have experience with this holster?

FIST #42 DRIVING HOLSTER TO CROSSDRAW

It looks pretty nice - a little expensive, but looks good.
Thanks

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
If you're looking for an effective cross-draw driving holster, consider the Fobus "Roto-Tilt" models.
I live in Ohio, with it's idiotic requirement to carry the pistol in FULL SIGHT while in your car.
The Roto-Tilt models are inexpensive, but most importantly allow you to adjust the cant until it's absolutely perfect for in-car use. In fact I've got a model for each of my carry guns, with a good leather holster for the actual concealment of same.
Flyer

·
Registered
167 Posts
Flyer I was talking to a Vandalia cop today and he was telling me his Dept. told him as long as you are a legit CCW card holder they don't care where you keep it but they would like it plain sight, like on the seat next to you, just keep your hands in view and don't make any moves toward it. He said this is the way it will be until the AG comes up with something more clear cut.

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Dano136,
Yup, some cops and their departments are reasonable enough...
The other day, though, in Wilmington a driver was stopped for speeding. He handed his driver's license and permit to the officer, and the gun was in a fobus type holster like I described.
The officer immediately called for backup, drew his pistol, and had the guy exit the car, then pushed him down and cuffed him, next stuffing him into the back of the cruiser.
EVENTUALLY he got off without being charged with anything.
This isn't the first time I've heard of such things, either... the AG has GOT to clear things up, and fast.
Flyer

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You guys must be having some kind of fun in OH with that crazy law and the cops acting in different ways.

Any opinions about the difference between crossdraw and some sort of high ride belt holster? So far, I've just been putting my P-32 in a pants pocket or under the center console of my truck. The P-11 needs to be in a holster (I think) and I'd rather not be switching it back and forth. I know it's a personal thing but I'm right handed and for me, at least, my hand reaches more naturally across my body instead of to the right and back. Looks like a cross draw would keep everything away from the seat belt and be more comfortable. Also, how good is the retention of molded holsters that don't have a strap over the gun. Leather better than Kydex, etc.? Thanks.

·
Registered
65 Posts
P11 holster

Just got a P11 plastic paddle holster from CTD that works pretty good on my P11/357SIG.
Retention is good and you can slide it to the crossdraw position for driving.
Least visible position seems to be on the right side just forward of the hip bone.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.