Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got to shoot my new P3-AT yesterday (finally!!). I think I didn't even hit the target at 5 yards my first 5 shots or so. After making some grip & pull adjustments, I had some nice groupings. I put 150 through it.....mostly WinClean & S&B w/o one FTF or FTE. Not to mention that the last 50 or so were rapid fire (damn that gun gets hot!!). Nice thing was by the end I was double & triple-tapping out at 10 yards & still hitting center mass each time. I certainly wouldn't call the gun "accurate" by any stretch (the lack of proverbial sights), but I think for a mouse gun/close range gun, it could do the job.

A few things I noticed that may need to be changed.....
1) I would REALLY like to see Flyer's internal slide lock. I found myself not paying enough attention & sqeezing after 7 rounds had been expelled.
2) The grip seemed to be a little small (go figure) for my hands. I am thinking of adding some AGrip to make it more user friendly. Anyone have experience with that?

All-in-all, I am pleased. The guys at the gun shop/range weren't big fans of the KT......don't like the way it is made. They said they'd much prefer a NAA .22mag. Nothing wrong with that, I'd just take the KT with a hot load any day!!!

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
p3at

medic, get a bersa mag finger rest extension. works wonders. happy your hanging around. :D

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
beaten with a stick

my wife does it to me all the time and i love it :D

·
Registered
64 Posts
I've got a spare Bersa extension I'll send you, let me know if you want it.

Wilson, who is MIA, possibly because he's decided he really does prefer the manly Bersa extension over the dainty EAA version.

·
Premium Member
3,629 Posts
Re:

J.R. Bob Dobbs said:
I've got a spare Bersa extension I'll send you, let me know if you want it.

Wilson, who is MIA, possibly because he's decided he really does prefer the manly Bersa extension over the dainty EAA version.
If he passes on your most generous offer, I might be inclined to stick one on a spare mag to make some comparisons.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Sincity,
As for the AGrip’s they are nice but if you put them on to tight you might end up with mag release problems (I had it with my P32). Also if you ever consider a belt clip for your 3AT you could get peeling problems. I’ve seen both issues first hand.
Tc, Cheryl
:wink:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Cheryl,

Sound advice. I just installed the clip (which is way cool) & intend on carrying that way when the situation applies. I will probably avoid the Agrip. Kind of expensive, too.....

:cheers:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Two things

The A-grip felt good but may have been the cause of the mag release wearing out in 200 rounds.
The finger extension makes a big difference in controlling the little beast.
I've also got 2 spare Bersa extensions that I'll share with the gang. Just pm with address.
Kim

·
Registered
2 Posts
MY first impressions

I just bought a 3AT after wanting to buy the .32 cal for a long time. Glad I waited. My first impression with it, is that it is VERY accurate! I was able to get all 7 rounds in the X of a std 25 yard pistol target. Now the target was at about 5 yards away, which in all fairness, is where this little guy will fill the bill. I was using PMC and was getting some malfunctions. Ctg weren't ejecting at times, and at times not feeding properly. I'm sure I limp wristed some. I have never had luck with PMC. I bought some Winclean stuff at WallyWorld, I will try them tomorrow. The only "bad" thing I could see with me shooting the 3AT was that when I pull the trigger, the lower edge of my trigger finger seems to get a little bit of flesh trapped between the trigger and the trigger guards. Hurts at first, eventually goes numb. As far as comfort in shooting, etc, well to each their own. But for me I like it the way it is. That's why I bought it. I want it very small, very light, very compact. Adding extensions and such kinda defeats some of this guns best features. Sure it's a little uncomfortable to fire (esp with Corbons) but think what it's for. It's a instrument of last resort, when all other forms of diplomacy have failed, and the situation can only be resolved with the use of deadly force. It that capacity it shines. It is light(so you'll rarely have an excuse not to carry it), it's powerful (.380 Corbon at arms length, not too shabby) and it IS accurate (you just gotta find what works for you; which for me was deliberate squeezing of the trigger while lining up those miniscule sights. But for fast work I kept them all easily in the X on the law enforcement target at 5 yds as fast as I could controlably sqeeze the trigger). I am extremely pleased with this purchase I will become a Kel-Tec ambassador and a true Kel-Tec Warrior.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Congrats......the P3-AT has really found a niche in my CCW'ing. It is so very light & tiny that it leaves you w/ little excuse as far as not carrying.

I was curious about why you find Corbons even more uncomfortable to shoot? I haven't had that sensation.....

Shoot straight, shoot safe.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Re:

sincitymedic said:
I was curious about why you find Corbons even more uncomfortable to shoot? I haven't had that sensation.....
You know what, you're right. The Corbons weren't "more uncomfortable" to shoot. I just remember it being louder, but not necessarily more recoil. Also, the first shot had a good sized flash, which is rare for a Corbon load. I use Corbon exclusively in .380, 9mm, .357 Magnum, .40, and .45. and have never had a problem with muzzle flash. All I get is a very subdued burnt orange flash. And that at an indoor range. So, thanks for opening my eyes (and ears). I will enjoy my 3AT for years to come.
Dre.

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Cor-Bon uses a proprietary additive to their powders which reduces muzzle flash considerably in most calibers.
Handy at night...
Flyer

1 - 20 of 26 Posts