Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just received today a 1915 Stevens Favorite 22LR rifle. Its got a 24" full octagon barrel, original sights, good wood and looks very sweet.

My dad gave me a Favorite when I turned 12, at 20, foolishly I sold it for a little gas money. Tonight I have a respectable replacement and I'm very pleased. I will be shooting it this weekend and whenever I feel like it and I'll never be parting with it!

BTW, I am still looking for a Favorite with a boys length stock and a nickel plated receiver, last seen in NE Ohio. The nickel is satin, not polished and it was done my my granddad when he replaced the broken firing pin for me. Anybody knows where that gun is, I am VERY interested!

·
Registered
56 Posts
I had a Stevens Crack Shot that my Grandfather got by saving the foil horse shoes from Horse Shoe chewing tobacco. When I was young and foolish about 40 years ago I cut it down and made a pistol fo carry when **** hunting. I have often thought about replaceing but it wouldn't be the same as having the real thing. I don't know what I did with that gun, probably traded for something stupid. :oops:

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Yep, I parted with grand daddy's LC Smith double barrel 12 guage when I was a stupid college kid. Because it had damascus barrels, I wanted something that I could shoot.

My first experience at a gun show in Atlanta, a "gentleman" was eager to take it off my hands for a bright and shiney .45 auto pistol in his case....sad thing is that the .45 was an early Llama...that I later came to learn was listed as stolen (but that's a different loooong story).

I've missed having that heirloom many times, but have never attempted to replace it.

This seems to be a trend here. Maybe the lesson learned is NOT to give grandkids family weapons unless it is understood that the expectation is to never sell or trade them!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts