Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After waiting forever (well, really just a week) USPS finally delivered my TT33. Am I happy?! Darn tootin'! It's gorgeous except for what looks like a tad of old cosmoline still in the barrel (any suggestions for cleaning it out?).
I also bought a 9mm barrel (new) so I can switch from 7.62x25 when I'm too broke to buy 7.62 ammo.
I'll take it to the range today. I bought some FNM 7.62 ammo to try out. Let you know how it goes.
Barry

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Better make SURE you've got your hearing protection!!!
These puppies are LOUD!!! 8)
Flyer

·
Registered
87 Posts
My neighbor bought one of those little screamers, that is one hot round. I can always tell when he's shooting it. It's a perfect truck, boat, camping or whatever gun you'd need in tough conditions. Built like a tank and made to last through the cold, cold winters. That 7.62x25 must have been developed to penetrate through many layers of wool.

I always use WD-40 to blow away old cosmo.

Range report???

bd

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Range review

When I arrived at my range I was told I was not allowed to fire 7.62x25 cartridges. A few weeks before they told me I couldn't shoot steel-cored ammo with a 7.62 and that they would check my ammo with a magnet before I would be allowed to use it. So, I did a lot of research, found a couple of brands that were non-steel and ordered a whack of it. Now today, they seem to have changed the rules...regardless of the type of ammo I plain cannot fire 7.62x25 at that range. Needless to say, I was a tad upset.
Fortunately I had purchased a 9mm barrel from another source and just installed that and fired away. Amazing groupings (for me) at 7 yards...about 2". I loved the Tokarev!!! It was a pure pleasure to shoot it.
Now I am sincerely thinking about finding another range in the Bradenton-Sarasota area. If anyone knows of a good one let me know please!

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
I've been looking at the CZ-52s on gunbroker.com. Some are in greater condition than others...but all have very reasonable price tags. That sure does seem like a hot little round -- might just have to get one to add to the collection. All I need is another caliber to buy for...

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yep, I plan to buy a cz52 as well as soon as my C&R arrives.
And, as soon as I find a better place to shoot, I'll see how hot that 7.62 round really is!

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
CZ 52 = FUN GUN.
I installed the new firing pin and trigger update stuff in mine to make the pull more reasonable.
Now it's like having a .30 Carbine you can carry in a holster. The roller-locking system contributes to OUTSTANDING accuracy, and also makes it possible to use the full-powered loads that the Tokarev design can't handle.
Now I've gotta get a better set of sights... if it's able to group in just over an inch at 25 yards with the teeny military issue ones, just imagine what a REAL set would do!
Flyer

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I haven't seen any TT33 mods mentioned but what you've done to the CZ sounds great! I also would like to change the sighting system. Will you do this yourself?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I agree! Makarov.com is a great site, unfortunately they don't have that much for my Tokarev TT33. But I do use them whenever I can.
Thanks for the tip!
Barry

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
angebar,
Yep, I do all my own 'smithing.
I've just got to decide what kind of sights I want...
There's so maaaaany! 8)
Flyer

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey Flyer,
How would I go about learning the ins and outs of sights (choosing and installing). I know my rear sight is easily removeable however, the front sight looks rather permanent.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts