Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Beautiful weather for the range this morning. I brought out the Series 70 Gold Cup National Match from the safe today. A fresh box of Winchester Value pak made it into my shopping cart at Wal-Mart last night. I just couldn't resist the temptation. What a pleasure to shoot! I don't use it often enough. Nice tight groups at 25yards but I'm shooting slightly to the left. I thought about adjusting the sight, but decided to compensate a little to the right of the target since I didn't have an appropriate screw driver in my range box.

The HK P7M13 and the KT P357 made the trip today too. 50 rounds of Lawman TMJ through the P357 without a hitch. I just don't see why people have a problem with the P40/P357 in terms of recoil -- it's just not that bad to me. I'd rather shoot this than a .357 Magnum revolver any day.

The HK still produces the best accuracy in my hands. I used the P7M13 and decided not to get the P7 dirty today, since it has become my primary CCW (my P3AT is always in my pocket too).

Well, now I get to enjoy the rest of the sunny afternoon cleaning guns (I don't look forward to taking the Gold Cup apart). Maybe I'll take everything out to one of the decks out back and enjoy the water view....

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
flyandscuba said:
Well, now I get to enjoy the rest of the sunny afternoon cleaning guns (I don't look forward to taking the Gold Cup apart).

Nice Dock Fly&Scuba. Nice clean water? A swim would be nice as it is hot hear already. Why do you dislike cleaning the Goldy? Is it hard or you just don't like cleaning 'em? I love the shooting just not the cleaning.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The barrel bushing on the Gold Cup is very tight -- difficult to depress the retainer plug and rotate without scarring up the front of the retainer plug. They make a break-down tool to assist in this -- but I don't happen to have one...

Yep, clean water -- although slightly brackish. The Escambia River is just north of me and dumps fresh water into the Escambia Bay (where I am) -- which leads eventually out to the Gulf of Mexico a few miles away. The bay is good for boating, kayaking, fishing, etc. -- but I'd go to the beach to swim. My yellow lab gets her enjoyment from the back yard waterfront -- just look at her face!

·
Registered
519 Posts
aw, now thats a happy dog! thats a cool picture

·
Registered
519 Posts
and that tongue is huge! related to Gene Simmons perhaps? One of the few things that makes me happy is seeing animals happy. i would go nuts without a dog.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
She's completely spoiled -- and I do have a terrible time trying to get her to come in from the water. She ended up in the middle of the bay one day and was picked up by some boaters...

Luckily, my phone number is embroidered on her collar.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts