Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Llama magazines for their Micromax .380 series fit and function... although they protrude from the bottom of the grip more than an inch.
Best to stick with KT mags.
Flyer

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
hmm didnt know this.

.380 micromax's huh. Have you tried it yet??

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Oh yeah, I've got a ton of 'em not just for the Micromax, but my ancient Llama mini-1911. I use them all the time as range mags... just load 'em up and take 'em along. They fit and function just fine.
Flyer

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Re:

Flyer said:
but my ancient Llama mini-1911.
Hey, I've got one of those and I really like it a lot. Mine is very reliable and accurate. I used to carry it quite a bit. Don't see too many around. I bought it from a cop for $75 with no mags. It's the only 1911 style pistol I own. One of the mags I picked up always FTF on the last round. I couldn't find any mag springs for it. Didn't you tell me that the springs from a micro-mag mag should work? My girlfriend loves that gun and will probably end up with it.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Re:

Flyer said:
but my ancient Llama mini-1911.
Hey, I've got one of those and I really like it a lot. Mine is very reliable and accurate. I used to carry it quite a bit. Don't see too many around. I bought it from a cop for $75 with no mags. It's the only 1911 style pistol I own. One of the mags I picked up always FTF on the last round. I couldn't find any mag springs for it. Didn't you tell me that the springs from a micro-mag mag should work? My girlfriend loves that gun and will probably end up with it.

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
The new mags from the Micromax MIGHT work, and might not.
Mine was made in 1943 for the Spanish Police, and is a complete replica of the 1911, right down to the barrel link, bushing, sear, mainspring housing, and mag catch. It fires from a locked breech.
This series of pistols has changed through the years; now it's no longer locked breech, and I'm not entirely sure what it's innards look like nowadays.
You could always take your older one into a gunstore and see if one of the mags from the newer gun fits ok, or if the notch is in a different place.

Flyer

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Oh yeah...
I'd try my OWN Micromax mags, but they're not here; I keep that gun at my Aunts. I haven't taken it down or fired it much; I prefer the old one!
Jeff Cooper always said the Llama .380 was his favorite small auto.
Flyer

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Man you're fast with that camera. Mine is not that old but was made during one of their "good eras". The new mags do not fit but the springs from them might work though, huh? I'm in La now but the gun is home in Tx.

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
I'm pretty sure the springs will work fine... might want to check and see if Wolff carries springs first, though. It'll be cheaper!
Flyer

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
I checked Wolf for the old-style mag springs... No got. Maybe micromax, I can't remember.

Man I'm clumsy tonight. That's the 2nd time I've double-posted something... (back button I guess). Do me a favor and delete one of my earlier duplicates - then this one. Thanks!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts