Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know anything about these guns? Excam GT28 .25cal 7rnd. I bought for $60. Got 2 new mags from SOG for $5 each. Fires everytime. I have read that all GT's were made by Targa. However, looking on GunsAmerica under Italian Pistols, ive noticed that the Tanfoglio GT27, GT26, FIE Titan E27, E28, & the Targa/Tanfoglio GT27B all look identical. Were/are all these guns made by Tanfoglio?? I know Tanfoglio still makes the GT27, but not for the US market. also i believe its only a 6rnd. They also have a GT28, but it shoots 8mm blanks. I also read that Excam imported the GT28 in 1990 only, until they went out of business. I had Tanfoglio send me an owners manual for a GT27, got it yesterday. Just wondering if anyone had any info on these. Thanks!!

P.S. gun value book shows Excam GT28 worth like $45 mint. But they're going for $250 on GunsAmerica. what do you think?

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Was it a .25 cal? Yeah im pretty impressed with this little thing, although ive only run about 40 rnds thru it. It does pretty good at about 10 feet! :lol: Its what i keep by the bed cause my wife can use it easily

·
Registered
467 Posts
The 25 is a good gun

I have one of the excam 25acp two tone, came from heileigh florida I probably spelled the name of the city wrong but they now sell for around $100 in real good shape. About 20 years ago they sold for around $50 dollars they are a vey good gun even though they are made some what on the cheap side. It used to be either excam or raven when it came to the 25 auto. They make clones of the excam but they are real junk!.
your excam is a real good and reliable gun!, but it is for sure a carry alot shoot a little gun.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Excam made a derringer also

I also have a 38 speical 2 shot over and under derringer by excam, it has white grips on it. This gun also is hard to find!, some of them had problems with the bottom chamber firing but it does not cost much to have repaired.
I would suggest if you can find any of these excams for around $60 dollars or so to buy them and hang onto they will only go up in value.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info! yeah i like it, i think it was a good deal. it was my first semi-auto, bought it last summer.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yup, it was .25 ACP. Fairly accurate gun and very reliable. Never had any problems with it.

It used to be either excam or raven when it came to the 25 auto. They make clones of the excam but they are real junk!.
I don't know about the other Excam models, but the Ravens are nothing like the GT27. The GT27 had an exposed hammer, and looked more like a little Beretta than the Raven/Jennings/Lorcin/Davis/Bryco/Sundance .25 autos.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.