Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was out shooting the newly aquired 357mag either im going deaf or the magnum was that loud. But when I fired the little P32 my ears rang.. :shock: Nope no protection :oops:

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
No hearing protection?
No HEARING protection!!!
That's a big NO NO!!!
Even a .22 rimfire can and will permanently damage your hearing with only a few shots... it may not show up immediately, but down the road a few years you'll notice!
My dad is almost deaf from combat in Korea that his ear doc traced to all that gunfire...
So, keep those protectors handy at all times!
I use both muffs and plugs, usually. When I'm at the regular ranges I use my electronic ones, but I'm never without SOMETHING to guard my eardrums.
Flyer

·
Premium Member
3,629 Posts
Spent 6 weeks visiting my doctor and an audiologist after firing my AR15M4 the first time... was USING hearing protection... new set of plugs I'd just bought... hadn't noticed they were only rated for -6db. Never noticed until I'd packed, got in my car and turned the key to start the engine... that I couldn't hear anything. Thought the battery was dead....

·
Registered
519 Posts
I think mine is goin from all that loud rock & roll music. Ya know, crankin Bread, John Denver & Gordon Lightfoot. If im feeling wild & crazy, mabey a little Jim Croce

·
Registered
467 Posts
Hearing protection

If worse comes to worse and you cant find hearing protection at least stick a couple nonfired 380 bullets in your ears.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had 'em but didnt want to walk all way back to the house for them. I have a pair of them in my truck and in my gun box now. :D

·
Premium Member
3,629 Posts
Re:

Gun_Nut_2k1 said:
packin heat said:
I think mine is goin from all that loud rock & roll music. Ya know, crankin Bread, John Denver & Gordon Lightfoot. If im feeling wild & crazy, mabey a little Jim Croce
Who?
Buncha hard core metal rock gods from the early 70s.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Re:

Midiman said:
Buncha hard core metal rock gods from the early 70s.
Ahhhhh...... they had Metal Back in the 70's? Who would have thought that. I was born in 71 so never even heard Heavy metal before Metallica.

G

·
One might consider them Easy Listening today...

Maybe, but the classics never die! They just keep getting better and better. The other day I found myself at the music store buying a Classic Queen box set and an Elton John box set. This was amongst teenie boppers that were buying music from artist that I couldn't even pronounce. I walked out of there with my music feeling like they were questioning my manhood! I am sure that no 10 of them lined up together could name one song by either artist that I had but I bet you that any one of theirs had stolen a rif from one of mine! I guess that I have to deal with the fact that I am getting older.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Re:

Midiman said:
No offense... but it's showing.
Sorry :oops: I thought I was well rounded musically. I have a Johnny Cash CD and a Van Halen Disc. Hey I even listened to a Beetle Song one time. Doing a Google on Easy Listening as you read this...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Age is no barrier,

I was born in 1970, and the first alubum I ever bought was Black Sabbath's Paranoid. Deep Purple, Cream, Zeppelin, Rainbow,so many great bands... there are too many to list.

just remember, Led Zeppelin's chief songwriter was Muddy Waters! ( alot of their hits were remakes/covers )

·
Registered
519 Posts
Yeah the only music i listen to is older than i am (i was born in 1980). Besides the bands i previously mentioned, i love The Eagles, Poco, Fleetwood Mac, CSN&Y, Jimmy Buffet, Pink Floyd, Eric Clapton, Elton John, Abba, Jackson Browne, Warren Zevon, Beatles, Billy Joel, Bobby Darin, Elvis, Beach Boys, Johnny Cash, Joe Walsh, Iron Butterfly, The Who, Led Zepplin, Rush, America, Steely Dan, ZZ Top, Simon & Garfunkle.

Im kinda boring

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
cool music

give me M.J.Q. (the modern jazz quartet)! :D

G

·
Funny how a thread on how loud mouseguns can be has turned in to a music thread................only at the KTRange :!:

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
mouse/music

o-oh say can you see.........

1 - 20 of 37 Posts