Kel-Tec Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a box of the 100 round winchesters FMJ from Wal-Mart, they are a tad longer then a normal 9mm round!, I do not know if these are related to the two ejection problems that I had or not.
In anyevent, I had two problems out of 120 rounds where the gun failed to eject the shot casing!, they stayed right in the chamber after they fired!, I did not have another bullet pushed up behind the casing though like what happens when you have a bad extracter.
I took the gun apart and used a very bright 6 cell maglite and a pair of 10x magnification glasses and the extracter, and the exjector both look good!.
I am just worried that this could happen during a self-defence situation!.
Anyone have a idea what might have casued this to happen?

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Did you check the rim of the fired case, to see if the extractor had ripped off/through it? That's the first thing to figure out...
Next, make sure your chamber is polished very well.
Flyer

·
Registered
46 Posts
diamondmike,
My P11 has done the same thing. But never when the gun was clean. It usually happens to me after I have put 80 to 90 rounds threw the gun. I clean it up a bit, and then keep shooting.
Flyer is right about having the chamber polished, it helped mine.

I have also had a couple of jams with the longer WinUSA 9mm. But on mine the bullet gets caught or hung up on the bottom of the barrel ramp. Adjusting the mag lips helped that one.

·
Premium Member
5,516 Posts
Chamber polishing worked for me - just go easy on it. I've gone 2500 rounds since then with no FTE's.

Regards, Keys 8)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts