Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been having so much fun shooting my Kimber Ultra Eclipse the last few months, I realized that the little P-11 was getting lonesome sitting in the safe. Took it with me to the range this morning and put another 100 rounds through it without a hiccup! That's a total of 4,217 rounds through the little guy now, and it still performs flawlessly. What a gun!! :D :D :D

G

·
DD, what is the S/N range of your P11? I have 39xxx. Just was wondering for comparison, since I bought mine used what kind of life expectancy I could expect.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Serial Number is 121XXX. I've had it a little over one year.

G

·
WOW, that's alot newer than mine. Mine is in the 39xxx range. don't know what the original owner out through it but I am sure that it is not over 1000. He was not much of a shooter. I have unfortunately only run about 150 rounds through mine since I have had it. Other than a few hiccups from not being accustomed to the trigger it has run fine.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I would think that the life expectancy would be forever, since there is a lifetime guarantee - and apparently that is not just for the original owner. Anything breaks, or wears out, KT will replace it.
I got my P11 S/N 125xxx in Nov 2002. Amost 1500 rounds now with 3 FTFs. None in the last 800 rounds.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I always take the P-11 along every time I go to the range, and use up a box of the White Box ammo. It's only half the price I have to pay (at Wal-Mart) for ammo for my .45, plus I strongly believe that one cannot practice enough with the carry weapons. Proficiency only comes with practice! :)

·
Premium Member
5,516 Posts
I had a hammer axis problem with my P-11 at around 2300 rounds that caused it to gouge out the frame where the trigger transfer bar attaches to the hammer mechanism. I sent it to Kel-Tec and they sent me back a totally rebuilt gun with a new frame that had my serial number stamped on it. They also did a trigger smoothing job. Well worth the twelve bucks for shipping, and a 10 day turnaround time. As long as Kel-Tec is still around your Kel-Tecs have a lifetime life expectancy.

Regards, Keys 8)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.