Kel-Tec Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about getting a rechargable battery operated dremel tool at Wally World ($20) . It says it has two speeds. Is something like this good for 'fluff and buff' on guns or do you really need something expensive with full variable speed (like used in jewelry work?)

Opinions :?:

Then the question is what are the recommended wheels and polishing compounds. :?:

-kl

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have the same 2-speed Dremel you're referring to. It seems to do the job for me at the higher speed but I'm no F&B expert.

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
The battery-powered Dremels work just fine for 99% of the stuff you'll need to do!
I generally only use a corded one, in fact, when I'm actually grinding something... and that's not very often at all.
Flyer

·
Premium Member
5,516 Posts
Hmm,
My digital Dremel is one of my most cherished tools. I used it just the other day to drill some screw holes in concrete to hang some wind chimes for my wife. (my rechargeable drill was out of juice, and being too lazy to go out back and get my power drill I grabbed the Dremel off the shelf and threw a small masonry bit on)
Get an electric Dremel you'll love it.

Regards, Keys 8)

·
Registered
209 Posts
Re:

KeysBear said:
Hmm,
My digital Dremel is one of my most cherished tools. Get an electric Dremel you'll love it.

Regards, Keys 8)
That digital dremel, is that Windows XP capaitable? And ya,those hand crank dremels suck, get an electric one. Sorry,I just couldn't resist. :lol:

G

·
I saw a dremel tool in Lowe's the other day that was battery operated and was for cleaning golf clubs. It was only 10.00 and now I wish that i would have bought it and threw it in my range bag.....oh well, another missed opportunity..

·
Premium Member
5,516 Posts
Re:

G33InMyPocket said:
That digital dremel, is that Windows XP capaitable? And ya,those hand crank dremels suck, get an electric one. Sorry,I just couldn't resist. :lol:
Varmint!! Electric, as opposed to battery (electric) powered. Rakkin frakkin varmint. Yep, the digital Dremel is XP ready, and even plays your favorite MP3's.

Regards, Keys 8)

·
Registered
209 Posts
Re:

KeysBear said:
Varmint!! Electric, as opposed to battery (electric) powered. Rakkin frakkin varmint. Yep, the digital Dremel is XP ready, and even plays your favorite MP3's.

Regards, Keys 8)
Yo, you related to Yosemite Sam? I thought at first you and my cat go into my homebrew.

·
Premium Member
5,516 Posts
Re:

G33InMyPocket said:
Yo, you related to Yosemite Sam? I thought at first you and my cat go into my homebrew.
An old tradition from the old board. WB bleepers we called it, and I've grown rather fond of the Yosemite Sam bleepers. If you'd prefer the real thing I could send you an e-mail.

Regards, Keys 8)

·
Premium Member
5,516 Posts
Re:

G33InMyPocket said:
http://www.barbneal.com/wav/ltunes/yosemite/Sam53.wav
That was cute. I suppose that makes you Bugs?

Regards, Keys 8)

·
Registered
209 Posts
I thought I'd throw that one in cause Flyers always ending his rambling posts with "shaddup flyer" :lol:

·
Premium Member
5,516 Posts
Re:

G33InMyPocket said:
http://www.barbneal.com/wav/ltunes/yosemite/Sam42.wav

I kinda like that one too. What was the topic of this thread again? :oops:
Ah, topic? I think it was about not drifting off topic, or was that another thread? I dunno, it was so long ago.....

Regards, Keys 8)

·
Premium Member
5,516 Posts
Oh yeah, I remember now, something about a battery powered Dremel, or was it a hand crank? Something like that. Of course you could move up to a gas powered Dremel.

Regards, Keys 8)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Dremel

Get the cable with handpiece. It's smaller size and lighter weight give greater control.
Now if I could only find mine. It may have disappeared during our move to Va.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts