Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a new P11 over the weekend and the only thing I'm not to sure about is the bullets in the magazine seem to rattle around. It's almost like the ammo is not held tight in the mag. Is this common or is it just mine?

Thanks for your help...

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Yep, expect rattles about half the time.
Not only on KTs, either: Berettas, Sigs, etc., all have rattling mags.
In 9mm, remember the case isn't straight-walled like a .45 ACP, but is tapered.. cone shaped, in other words. It's almost impossible to cure a rattling mag without modifying the mag to an extent I wouldn't trust it anymore.
I'd say just let 'er rattle away.
Flyer

G

·
I have found one of two things that sometimes work; 1) sometimes you can tap the spine of the magazine and this will "seat" the rounds and sometimes will cure the rattle and 2) in come cases I have unloaded the magazine to the round that has shifted slightly forward, reseat the round and load the rest. Remember these only occasionally work and as Flyer noted, this is a common problem in many 9mm magazines. I have noticed that for some reason that it seems excessive in my P11 magazines more so than some of my others.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
rattles

i never shake my p11. if it mis-behaves i simply speak to it in a stern voice. :lol:

·
Registered
236 Posts
Yeah, my P11 mags rattles. Just like my loose screws.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Nope! Not the factory mags or the 12 rounder. Of course now that I've said this, they'll start tomorrow.

Midi - That new sig line cracks me up! I think I'll use it on a few selected students.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
TEX, YOU'VE BEEN DOING TOO MUCH SHOOTING WITHOUT MUFFS! :lol:

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
What? Could you repeat that? Sorry, I didn't hear what you said. Hey, stop ringing those bells!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mag Rattles

Hi Guys,Im new here .I thought you might like to fix the rattling mags.Just put a dent like the one in the picture at the hole, one on each side of the mag. 8)

·
Registered
285 Posts
Don't the graphics attachment rules state that all guns and/or accessories must be photographed on a BBQ pit or a microwave? I suppose any cooking device would work, but a computer in the background seems all wrong.

·
Premium Member
5,516 Posts
My P-11 mags don't rattle, but after 30 years of playing rock and roll I can't hear my cell phone ring either.

Regards, Keys 8)

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
careful, we don't want to ruffle a new members feathers! :p

·
Registered
285 Posts
My P-11 mags only rattle when I shake them. I quit shaking them and the rattling stopped.

I can hear my cell phone, but that doesn't mean I'm going to answer it.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts