Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My P3AT wasn't getting a good grip on the brass during extraction and was leaving the cartridge in the champer once in a while.

I finally decided to do a little work on it. (actually a little too much work)

I pretty much learned that sitting on the couch in front of the TV with an extractor in one hand and a dremmel in the other hand isn't the best way to get results. :)

I no longer have an occasional problem, it now fails to extract about once every 3 rounds. I slipped a bit with the dremel and took off a little more metal than I'd planned. I can see where it's hitting now on the spent brass, and will probably give it another try. However I think I'll order a couple more extractors from Kel-Tec today.

I need to get a new recoil spring anyway, mine it getting noticably weak.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Uh-oh watching tv, a gun and a dremel can be a bad combo.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Bad Combinations

Your experience reminds me of a joke:

Q. What sentence most often proceeds a call to 9-1-1?

A. Hey, hold my beer and watch this!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Bad Combinations

Kel-Log said:
Your experience reminds me of a joke:

Q. What sentence most often proceeds a call to 9-1-1?

A. Hey, hold my beer and watch this!
Don't you know you should always finish your beer rather than having someone hold it? :twisted:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Mine fell out on my 2nd time cleaning it and I didn't notice it until I brought it back home from the range after firing 50 flawless shots, I'm not sure you even need it............

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.